> Is the Classified Now Ebay?
terricksa
post Oct 30 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 917

Whats with all the auction style posts.

I am all for selling stuff in the classified but there is ebay for auctions..........

I honestly thought that was against the classifed rules. If I am wrong I apologize to those that posted this way but I was just surprised by this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Oct 30 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

Jess is the moderator of the Classifieds so I have sent him an e-mail requesting that he address this question. Thanks for bringing it up.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Oct 30 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,655

I don't see anything wrong with it. If people wanted to get top dollar, they can sell on eBay where some people will bid "just because." There's a much more limited group here, guys are still trying to get as much as possible for the stuff they're selling, they're just taking offers. What's the difference between an auction-style listing and someone who says "best offer"?

+Quote Post
Jess
post Oct 30 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

Group: Super Admin
Member No.: 3,729

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ Oct 30 2008, 05:17 PM) *
Jess is the moderator of the Classifieds so I have sent him an e-mail requesting that he address this question. Thanks for bringing it up.

I must admit that I have not been keeping a close rein on the classified section of late and I should have. I will go in tonight and clean it up.

Thank both of you for bringing this to my attention.

+Quote Post
terricksa
post Oct 30 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 917

QUOTE(just-cj @ Oct 30 2008, 05:49 PM) *
I don't see anything wrong with it. If people wanted to get top dollar, they can sell on eBay where some people will bid "just because." There's a much more limited group here, guys are still trying to get as much as possible for the stuff they're selling, they're just taking offers. What's the difference between an auction-style listing and someone who says "best offer"?

I have no problem with the best over but it may just be me but why do the "auction" ends at X time and the highest "bidder" wins

We as homebrewers know what things are worth. Just my opinion here, put it on ebay to try to get top dollar.
Put it here to try to help other homebrewers out and not just try to get top dollar.

Maybe it is just me but I would take abit less to sell to a homebrewer than get top dollar

I totally understand the get as much as you can, but I honestly didn't think that was allowed in the classified section. As I said earlier if I am off base I will eat crow but it just seems a bit odd to me, been on this board for 6+ years now an never saw this.

OK, I will shut up now an have a homebrew.............

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2021 - 08:11 AM