Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How bout bigger PM inboxes?
Odacrem
post Nov 20 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,511

Is it possible to increase the size of our PM inboxes? I dont even keep a lot in there, but it seems like I'm constantly in danger of it being full. I'm not sure how the bb software works, but maybe there could be a way to implement it so that your quota goes up as you get more mugs/increase participation or something. So someone with 2 or 3 mugs can hold more than a new member. Maybe reduce someones PM inbox quota if they are inactive for several months? I dont know, there's gotta be a way. What's the limit at now, like 10 KB?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dmtaylor
post Nov 20 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 9,280

I believe the limit now is set at 50 PMs, whether they are in your Inbox or Sent folders or wherever.

I agree, 50 PMs ain't much when you use them even on a periodic basis. I really only use them primarily for Beer Pass, or for the rare question about one of my recipes, but even so, I have to delete the older ones maybe 2 to 3 times a year, which seems excessive to me. I mean, they shouldn't be taking up hardly any memory. The standard PMs are only 5 to 10 lines long, how much memory could that be, maybe 10 KB?

I don't see a need to have more memory for more frequent posters. I would propose that the limit be increased to at least 100 PMs, if not 150 PMs, for ALL members. Such a simple thing would alleviate a little frustration for many people.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Nov 20 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

If we increase it, you're still always going to be in danger of it being full. Trust me on this.

+Quote Post
Connie
post Nov 27 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #4

Birthday Princess

Member No.: 3,717

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ Nov 20 2008, 11:31 AM) *
If we increase it, you're still always going to be in danger of it being full. Trust me on this.

Can you do it for just certain people? Say...people who DO things to enhance the BB. Like the guy who showed you how to do the code for the youtube videos...Or maybe the person who acknowledges the birthdays would be nice...
(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/biggrin.gif)

Not everyone needs it. I'm just sayin...

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Nov 28 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #5

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

I think it goes by group. So we'd have to create a "Birthday Princess" group. You can always just archive off the old PMs that you want to keep.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 06:32 PM