> Volumes of co2/ beer styles
sidney porter
post Dec 20 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #16

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 733

QUOTE(tag @ Dec 20 2008, 12:25 PM) *
I don't think you can counterpressure fill over 3 vol CO2. So bottle conditioning is the way to go.

sure you can, reduce the head space pressure before you fill the bottles, it will take awhile before the beer releases co2.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erichonour
post Dec 20 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #17

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,500

QUOTE(Thirsty @ Dec 20 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Hey EH, besides bottle carbing, how do you figure the best way is to get 3+ into a bottle? Just picked up a 20# tank and thinking about making that the dedicated serving tank and having my 5# tank at a different pressure, and changing the serving bevline to like 10 feet, cranking that keg up to 20#, seems like 14# now is giving me 2-2.5 vol at current temp. Worth a shot? Anyone?

Aside from bottle conditioning, I haven't done it, at least not successfully. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif) My beer gun doesn't do a great job on highly carbed beers -- it probably would work better if I set up a longer supply hose, to drop the pressure more. I tend to drink these beers undercarbed when I keg them, simply because I haven't gone to the time and trouble (and expense) to set things up to serve them on tap with high carbonation. Usually, I don't keg them. I've only got 4 taps, so I usually keep those full of everything but Belgian beers and serve the Belgians in bottles.

Cheers,
EH

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Dec 22 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #18

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

QUOTE(dagomike @ Dec 20 2008, 09:33 AM) *
Well, the BJCP does reference carb levels. If it doesn't denote it, you can probably assume a typical level would be appropriate.

That's what I was saying.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2020 - 07:54 PM