Reply to this topicStart new topic
> frozen strawberry recipe?
AandE
post Jan 18 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 11,845

I'm looking for a good recipe for strawberry wine using frozen berries. My brother asked for strawberry wine as a gift, but I haven't made a batch as of yet and he is new to wine, (I suspect this may in turn be a gift for his girlfriend or maybe even he wants to use as part of a marriage proposal so I want to make something really good)

Does anyone have any really good recipes? I have the purple book recipe of course, and I have considered the instant fruit wines recipe too, since I know it will be more easily drinkable for someone who doesn't drink a lot of wine.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I didn't see the recipe forum up top(my bad) - Mods please move. Thank you!

This post has been edited by AandE: Jan 18 2009, 10:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IronGuillotine
post Jan 26 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #2

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,469

Wow. Interesting idea. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. How to construct the recipe (what goes in and how much) really depends on what you want it to taste like in the end. Do you want it sweet? dry? tart? really alcoholic? Do you want the strawberry flavor first and foremost or somewhere in the background? That sort of thing. We'll need to know the answers to those kinds of questions if you want someone to help you with the recipe. Basically, what does your creation taste like, look like, and smell like in your imagination?

If I were doing it, I'd probably go for something very wine-like with moderate strawberry presence, and lean just barely to the sweet side. I'd probably also carbonate it to make the fruity aromas rise into the drinker's nose.

Consider frozen strawberries, fruit puree, fruit juice (strawberry and grape), a tiny amount of vanilla, wine or champange yeast, honey (I'd go with Orange Blossom for this) & nutrients.

Anyway, hit us back with some more details and we'll try to help you with the specifics.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 08:37 AM