Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Acoustic PH Musician Thread
Matt the Mead Ma...
post Mar 20 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,119

Unfortunately, Lonnie and Todd's acoustic threads got deleted so I'm starting another one. Please do that star-rating thing so we don't lose their vidoes again.

Anyhoo, the last time I posted some music here, I was (rightly) slammed for my singing. I've been working on it a bit and when I got home from work tonight, I recorded a version of Gram Parson's Sin City Right-click here to download the MP3.

This song is perfect, imho - not my version of course but damn - "This old earthquake's gonna leave me in the poor house. It seems like this whole town's insane". If you can't relate to that, well, good for you.

It's totally unmixed with no EQ adjustments, so please be kind and enjoy. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif) Hopefully, the rest of you musicians will post something, too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BJ1833
post Mar 20 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,330

Right on Matt! I like to play and sing, but I know I don't sound good on the vocals myself. Anywho, I'll try to post something as soon as I get a chance. Glad you started another one of these up.

+Quote Post
Lonnie Mac
post Mar 20 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,251

Rated!

By my count, you now have enough for a CD my friend! It sounds great to me... You know I really like this stuff of yours!

I'll have to do up something...

This post has been edited by Lonnie Mac: Mar 20 2009, 11:53 PM

+Quote Post
Matt the Mead Ma...
post Mar 21 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #4

Brewmaster

Good stuff, doughboy! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
BJ1833
post Mar 21 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #5

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,330

Damn DizzleBizzle, that was awesome! I mean, I couldn't see your left hand so I don't actually believe you played it, but it sounded very nice!

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
armagh
post Mar 22 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #6

Brewer

Member No.: 4,965

Matt, you never got crap from me about singing because there isn't a bucket big enough for me to carrry a tune and besides, I don't hate buckets enough to do that to one. I did play that sound clip for my wife, who used to get paid to sing as a side job and believe me, the woman can sing angels to rest. She had this to say:

"He's singing from the throat. It's from the diaphram." Once she said that, I heard exactly what she meant.

When your albums go platinum, at least mention this in the liner notes. OK?
You go the stones to put your stuff on the PH, you got my respect.

+Quote Post
Matt the Mead Ma...
post Mar 22 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #7

Brewmaster

QUOTE(armagh @ Mar 22 2009, 04:01 PM) *
"He's singing from the throat. It's from the diaphram." Once she said that, I heard exactly what she meant.

She's exactly right. Despite singing in choirs and some individual voice coaching back in college, I've never been able to change that problem. Maybe I need another instructor who's better at getting it across to me and when I've got the money, I'll try that route again. Thanks for your kind words as well! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
MicCullen
post Mar 22 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #8

Brewmaster

Member No.: 8,767

QUOTE(Matt the Mead Maker @ Mar 20 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Unfortunately, Lonnie and Todd's acoustic threads got deleted so I'm starting another one. Please do that star-rating thing so we don't lose their vidoes again.

Anyhoo, the last time I posted some music here, I was (rightly) slammed for my singing. I've been working on it a bit and when I got home from work tonight, I recorded a version of Gram Parson's Sin City Right-click here to download the MP3.

This song is perfect, imho - not my version of course but damn - "This old earthquake's gonna leave me in the poor house. It seems like this whole town's insane". If you can't relate to that, well, good for you.
It's totally unmixed with no EQ adjustments, so please be kind and enjoy. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif) Hopefully, the rest of you musicians will post something, too.

good pickin there Matt,

I will say this

You are a true believer

that you can sing (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

+Quote Post
Matt the Mead Ma...
post Mar 22 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

QUOTE(MicCullen @ Mar 22 2009, 05:13 PM) *
You are a true believer
that you can sing (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

Hmm... I don't think you can back that up with anything I've ever said. I make music for the hell of it. I don't claim it's great or that I'm talented in any way. For me, it's more fun than watching TV. I'm sure you're mediocre at some of the things you enjoy, too. You've pointed out several times how much you hate my voice. That's fine and all but I've got to wonder why you keep coming back for more. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

This post has been edited by Matt the Mead Maker: Mar 22 2009, 06:04 PM

+Quote Post
MicCullen
post Mar 22 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #10

Brewmaster

Member No.: 8,767

QUOTE(Matt the Mead Maker @ Mar 22 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Hmm... I don't think you can back that up with anything I've ever said. I make music for the hell of it. I don't claim it's great or that I'm talented in any way. For me, it's more fun than watching TV. I'm sure you're mediocre at some of the things you enjoy, too. You've pointed out several times how much you hate my voice. That's fine and all but I've got to wonder why you keep coming back for more. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

darn I should have used the (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif) smiley, DARN You are correct you never have claimed to be a good singer, , it was a joke I had heard said to another guy I know, he in fact really did think he could sing,sorry man, i surely have only pointed it out twicew now, my apologies, play on man

+Quote Post
Zaphod_Beeblebro...
post Mar 22 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Stewart

Member No.: 1,137

When I was very young my Dad encouraged me to sing solo.

So low he could not hear me. I have a really deep voice and cannot carry a tune.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2018 - 04:14 AM