Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emerald Coast Beer festival 2009
v2comp
post Jun 2 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 5,909

Even though I am opening my brewery this summer and will not be specifically with the Hopheads from Phenix city, AL this year, I will look forward to seeing everyone in September (11th & 12th) 2009

I have started a very small Microbrewery in Phenix City, distributing in kegs at first with some new, bigger beers following in 750ml bottles in the fall. you can check it out at Visit My Website if you like.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blizzbrews
post Jun 25 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

We'll be there, but there may not be an actual Brewboard table this year. Big Harry Deehl and a few other guys have formed a club in the Birmingham area and want to do a table. A few of us from the Central Florida Homebrewers in Orlando plan to have a table as well. We're going to try and have our tables next to each other and hang the Brewboard banner between them.

Last year was great. Looking forward to meeting up with old friends and making new ones.

+Quote Post
al_bob
post Aug 2 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 4,588

I plan on being there as well, with Big Harry and our brew club, the Carboy Junkies. Last year was a blast, and I enjoyed meeting all you guys. I think we have a room reserved in the Hilton Beach Club, again, next door to the beach party motel. I don't know if we'll get the hook up that we had last year, but it would still be great to be there.

Me and Scott are brewing tomorrow night so we'll have lots of full kegs when we get there!

Looking forward to seeing you again Blizz!

+Quote Post
Blizzbrews
post Aug 9 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #4

Brewmaster

Al Bob! Great to see you'll be there again. We're gearing up too, there should be 5 or 6 of us coming up from Orlando. Here's a partial lineup of what we're planning to bring:

Creme Ale
Green Flash IPA clone
Chocolate Porter (on beergas)
Schwarzbier

Much more to come, just gotta confirm.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, is Ford going?

+Quote Post
al_bob
post Aug 9 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #5

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Blizzbrews @ Aug 9 2009, 12:19 AM) *
Al Bob! Great to see you'll be there again. We're gearing up too, there should be 5 or 6 of us coming up from Orlando. Here's a partial lineup of what we're planning to bring:

Creme Ale
Green Flash IPA clone
Chocolate Porter (on beergas)
Schwarzbier

Much more to come, just gotta confirm.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, is Ford going?

Hey Blizz,

Yeah, Ford is going. We'll be bringing a few new guys this year, too. I hear you guys have your own club table this year, too. We should have a blast.

I just brewed up a big hoppy RIS with a little coffee, last night. I know we have a pretty good line up of beer but I don't have a list yet. It'll be all over the place.

I still plan on doing an IPA or DIPA this week to bring also. I hope the weather turns out like last year. That was perfect!

Take care, brother. We'll see you in a about a month. I'm really looking forward to it since I've had no vacation this summer. I can taste the fresh oysters already....mmmmmm seafood and beer!

+Quote Post
Blizzbrews
post Aug 9 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #6

Brewmaster

QUOTE(al_bob @ Aug 9 2009, 11:56 AM) *
I can taste the fresh oysters already....mmmmmm seafood and beer!

There's food??

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif)

+Quote Post
al_bob
post Aug 19 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #7

Brewmaster

For anybody who hasn't been, here's a photo looking down on the Saturday Brewers Beach Party. The beer is under the white tent next to Big Harry Deehl's (Scott) coffee cup. That's Navin Johnson (Ford) on the right. The Beer Olympics are on the beach
(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/notbob1/Emerald%20Coast%20Brewfest%2008/DSCN5228.jpg)

I hope the weather is as nice this year!

Here's a better picture of the motel where the brewers stay, and the Saturday party happens. That's a beer and package store in front with the red roof. Not like you need it, though!
(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/notbob1/Emerald%20Coast%20Brewfest%2008/DSCN5229.jpg)

Hangin' out with Larry Bell of Bell's Brewing. ...Big Harry, Blizz, Slowhead, and LarryB.(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/notbob1/Emerald%20Coast%20Brewfest%2008/DSCN5248.jpg)

Having lunch at the outdoor bar (The Paradise Inn) across the street on Sunday.

Bill and some fresh grilled Mahi basket!! Yeah!
(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/notbob1/Emerald%20Coast%20Brewfest%2008/DSCN5297.jpg)

(IMG:http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/notbob1/Emerald%20Coast%20Brewfest%2008/DSCN5302.jpg)

Looking forward to it! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cabbagepatch.gif)

Later

This post has been edited by al_bob: Aug 19 2009, 11:48 AM

+Quote Post
Navin Johnson
post Aug 21 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #8

Homebrewer

Member No.: 3,112

Shoot yeah, I'm going! I wouldn't miss it. I'm planning on bringing a fig ale (don't hate...) and a special bitter. Like Al says, we have some new faces coming this year. It's a really great group of folks -- and all good home brewers, to boot.

See you in a few weeks, you mugs! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
Blizzbrews
post Aug 21 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Navin Johnson @ Aug 21 2009, 10:16 PM) *
I'm planning on bringing a fig ale (don't hate...)

That's a great beer!

Hey Ford, try not to almost die this year OK? (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/goodidea.gif)

+Quote Post
al_bob
post Aug 21 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #10

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Blizzbrews @ Aug 21 2009, 10:37 PM) *
That's a great beer!

Hey Ford, try not to almost die this year OK? (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/goodidea.gif)

Yeah, we're gonna make him stay for the Saturday party. Scott went last year, reluctantly, and said he would go, but he wouldn't stay because he didn't feel very good, but after two beers, he looked at me and said, hey, I'm feeling a lot better. We stayed all day, and went out to a great dinner afterwards, and then a bar for a couple.

Ford will know all about it this year. No leaving a bedroom full of puke and poop for the maid like last year..... even if it's the swine flu...he's coming to the party this year. Now, Derrick or George... I'm not sure. They could follow in Ford's footsteps. Hope not. I'm looking forward to it!

Hey Ford, I was thinking of posting the link to this thread in our club forum. I know most people already going are committed regardless, but, we'll give 'em some tease to get them ready.

I'm going over to Derricks Sunday to rack my Big Hoppy Stout (9%ish) over to the secondary, add the hops and coffee, and get ready for the goodness. I have a hoppy APA, kinda Dales PA style that i'll be racking Sunday and taking also. It was supposed to be a 7.5% IPA, but I had a terrible drop in efficiency, and don't know why, although I suspect the thermometer that had the battery die that day, as a likely factor.

I'm PUI

Later.

Al

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2019 - 07:36 AM