Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Blue Ridge Brew Off, will be here soon
bo_gator
post Jul 30 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,848

The Blue Ridge Brew Off is approaching quickly. This is one of the largest home brew competitions in the Southeastern US. Registration is set to begin on August first with the judging to be on 9/12 in Asheville, NC. Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters (MALT) is the sponsering home brew club, and this is a qualifying event for the MCAB XII in 2010, also to be held in Asheville, NC. Highland Brewing Company is graciously hosting both events for us, so southerners buy some Gaelic ale to show your support for a brewery that supports us.

link for registration;

www.maltsters.org

We are working on pick-up locations in NC, Upstate SC, and East TN at least
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kunsan90
post Jul 30 2009, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 603

Bo,

Are you going to be there? As usual, I will. I plan to have several entries and plan to at least Steward.

-K90

+Quote Post
bo_gator
post Jul 31 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #3

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Kunsan90 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:41 PM) *
Bo,

Are you going to be there? As usual, I will. I plan to have several entries and plan to at least Steward.

-K90

Unless there is an unforseen act of God I'll be there.

+Quote Post
rebelcruiser
post Jul 31 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #4

Brewer

Member No.: 5,262

QUOTE(bo_gator @ Jul 30 2009, 07:24 PM) *
The Blue Ridge Brew Off is approaching quickly. This is one of the largest home brew competitions in the Southeastern US. Registration is set to begin on August first with the judging to be on 9/12 in Asheville, NC. Mountain Ale and Lager Tasters (MALT) is the sponsering home brew club, and this is a qualifying event for the MCAB XII in 2010, also to be held in Asheville, NC. Highland Brewing Company is graciously hosting both events for us, so southerners buy some Gaelic ale to show your support for a brewery that supports us.

link for registration;

www.maltsters.org

We are working on pick-up locations in NC, Upstate SC, and East TN at least

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crybaby.gif) :-( I am going to be about a week late to go to this (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crybaby.gif) :-( . I will be in NC visiting my wifes mom last week of Sept.

Gary

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/scratch.gif) hmmm maybe I can convince her that it is of DIRE importance that we go visit her mother EARLY!! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/goodidea.gif)

+Quote Post
bo_gator
post Aug 19 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Brewmaster

As of today we still need BJCP judges and stewards. As anyone who has been to the BRBO before can attest to there is always lots of donated commercial beer, and a raffle that will knock your head off. Not to mention the pub crawl that normally follows through downtown Asheville, which was recently voted Beer City East by the brewer's association. Click the link in my signature and scroll down a little for a link to the registration page, or look in the top left hand corner for the BRBO link.

Thanks
Jeff

+Quote Post
manplant
post Sep 3 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #6

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 12,995

QUOTE(bo_gator @ Aug 19 2009, 05:07 PM) *
As of today we still need BJCP judges and stewards. As anyone who has been to the BRBO before can attest to there is always lots of donated commercial beer, and a raffle that will knock your head off. Not to mention the pub crawl that normally follows through downtown Asheville, which was recently voted Beer City East by the brewer's association. Click the link in my signature and scroll down a little for a link to the registration page, or look in the top left hand corner for the BRBO link.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff
What are the criteria for judging and stewardship?
Chris

+Quote Post
Thirsty
post Sep 15 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #7

Brewmaster

Member No.: 9,246

Whats up with the results? The website says they would have them up today, and nothing has changed on the registration page.

I am just impatient, I am sure they will be up tomorrow- "crosses fingers"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 04:02 PM