IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Support Rules - Please Read

This forum is a place for posting general questions, comments, and feedback about HBA / Alt Bev for Jess (the owner) to read and respond to. This is not a place to initiate urgent or order-specific questions. Before posting here, ask yourself if the general public will benefit from the question and answer. If not, you should probably call or email Jess directly. If you have a complaint, Jess would also appreciate the courtesy of a private first contact so that he has the opportunity to correct the problem to your satisfaction.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Homebrew.com, problems with hosting server
Jess
post Oct 5 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

Group: Super Admin
Member No.: 3,729

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been exoeriencing problems with the server company that host Homebrew.com website. The server and technical support have become totally unworkable so we are migrating the site to a new server that supports our current shopping cart platform more adequately. This migration should take about 24 hours and we are about half way into the completion of the migration. During this migration, we are unable to make any modications to the site.

I am sincerely disappointed that our site is down and will do everything possible to get it back up as quickly as possible. Right now, the only way to place an order is by phone or by using the Alternative Beverage site.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jess
post Oct 7 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

This is taking a whole lot longer than anyone in tech support expected. But we are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I have just gotten word that the site should be up by late morning tomorrow if there are no other surprises.

+Quote Post
AndyCLS
post Oct 11 2009, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Assistant Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,946

Hi Jess,
Are you aware of an issue with the shipping options? When I go to check-out, the only shipping options I have are overseas and priority overseas (i.e. no domestic ground option).

+Quote Post
Jess
post Oct 11 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

QUOTE(AndyCLS @ Oct 11 2009, 11:03 AM) *
Hi Jess,
Are you aware of an issue with the shipping options? When I go to check-out, the only shipping options I have are overseas and priority overseas (i.e. no domestic ground option).

I became aware of it Saturday prior to going to Oktoberfest. This will be resolved on Monday. We have already gotten orders since the site back up. We will be contacting each customer to determine the BEST means of shipment. Order, if you wish and we will get in touch with you for shipping carrier.

Neither the Homebrew site nor the eBrew site charge credit cards when the submit button is clicked. We don't charge a customer until we ship the products.

Jess

+Quote Post
Pillowman
post Oct 14 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 200

Hi Jess,
Any updates on when the homebrew.com email system may be working again? I really appreciate this service and have been using it for several years. If it looks like it may be down for awhile, I will have to make some adjustmentst to some of my contacts, so if you would please give me (us) an update, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tim

+Quote Post
twocents
post Oct 14 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #6

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,604

where is my email?

+Quote Post
Jess
post Oct 19 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #7

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

QUOTE(twocents @ Oct 14 2009, 03:48 PM) *
where is my email?

Homebrew.com crashed, the first week of October, due to exceeding space on the servers at WEB.COM, for the third time. After working with WEB.COM for a frustrating week, I decided to move homebrew to a different server since they did not support the software that was used to build the site. One of the casualties was the shipping options. At the present time, the only shipping options are USPS FPO/APO shipping - no UPS and no FEDEX. Another casualties was the link to the homebrew email addresses but I didn't realize this until this past weekend.

We are in the process of fixing the problems but it will mean a complete rebuilding of the homebrew site.

I will try to get the email service back up and running as quickly as possible and I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Look for up-dates here!

Jess

+Quote Post
AndyCLS
post Oct 27 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #8

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 5,946

QUOTE(Jess @ Oct 11 2009, 11:33 AM) *
. Order, if you wish and we will get in touch with you for shipping carrier.

Jess

Hi Jess,
I went ahead and ordered, though I still wasn't able to select a domestic shipping choice. I just selected "in-store pickup" and in the comments section I explained to ship it standard domestic ground.

The order number is #28372 (English Light Ale and St Alan's Wee Heavy Scotch Ale kits).

+Quote Post
suknbeer
post Nov 8 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #9

Group: New Member
Member No.: 12,685

I know there have been problems, but it took me forever to find the forum today. Any idea of when and if the email will be working again? It has been awhile.

+Quote Post
suknbeer
post Nov 8 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(suknbeer @ Nov 8 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I know there have been problems, but it took me forever to find the forum today. Any idea of when and if the email will be working again? It has been awhile.

+Quote Post
suknbeer
post Nov 8 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(suknbeer @ Nov 8 2009, 10:57 PM) *

Why am I being listed as a New member?

+Quote Post
Jess
post Nov 14 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #12

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

QUOTE(suknbeer @ Nov 8 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Why am I being listed as a New member?

The only reason you would be listed as a new member is have not made enough post into forums that count post such as the BEER forum or the WINE forum. When you reach a certain number of post, you automatically are promoted to MEMBER group. Your records indicate you have not made any post since you joined in 2008.

If this is not correct please let me know.

+Quote Post
suknbeer
post Nov 14 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Jess @ Nov 14 2009, 07:42 PM) *
The only reason you would be listed as a new member is have not made enough post into forums that count post such as the BEER forum or the WINE forum. When you reach a certain number of post, you automatically are promoted to MEMBER group. Your records indicate you have not made any post since you joined in 2008.

If this is not correct please let me know.

Thanks Jess.....but is there any news when the email will be back up and working?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2018 - 08:33 PM