> WEST COAST VS EAST COAST BREW OFF, WEST COAST VS EAST COAST
CALLE OCHO
post Jun 12 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 8,198

West Coast vs East Coast brew offWest Coast vs East Coast

Ocean City Homebrew Club invites you to enter your beers in the 1st ever West Coast East Coast brew off this BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competition taking place on Sunday, November 27 2011.

(OCMHBC) Brew Week is one of the first week-long events devoted to beer, and it takes place in Ocean City Maryland. prizes will be give to Best of Show and the top (6) 1st place finishers. the best of show will win a nice engraved tear drop trophy sample showen here. (IMG:http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l524/buynow43/ARG5202K1.jpg)

Below is for the top (6) first place winners.(IMG:http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l524/buynow43/WESTCOASTVEASTCOAST1stplacenomap.jpg)

Entering, Judging, Stewarding
We are on the lookout for anyone wishing to help judge or be a steward at the competition. Hotel rooms will be provided free on a first-come, first-serve basis to BJCP-certified judges. Details about the competition, including registering as a judge or steward or entering beers, are available here: http://westcoastvseastcoast.brewcompetition.com/index.php
OCEAN CITY, MD

This post has been edited by CALLE OCHO: Jun 12 2011, 03:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CALLE OCHO
post Jun 20 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Stewart

QUOTE(CALLE OCHO @ Jun 12 2011, 04:00 PM) *
West Coast vs East Coast brew offWest Coast vs East Coast open to all home brewers

Ocean City Homebrew Club invites you to enter your beers in the 1st ever West Coast East Coast brew off this BJCP-sanctioned homebrew competition taking place on Sunday, November 27 2011.

(OCMHBC) Brew Week is one of the first week-long events devoted to beer, and it takes place in Ocean City Maryland. prizes will be give to Best of Show and the top (6) 1st place finishers. the best of show will win a nice engraved tear drop trophy sample showen here. (IMG:http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l524/buynow43/ARG5202K1.jpg)

Below is for the top (6) first place winners.(IMG:http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l524/buynow43/WESTCOASTVEASTCOAST1stplacenomap.jpg)

Entering, Judging, Stewarding
We are on the lookout for anyone wishing to help judge or be a steward at the competition. Hotel rooms will be provided free on a first-come, first-serve basis to BJCP-certified judges. Details about the competition, including registering as a judge or steward or entering beers, are available here: http://westcoastvseastcoast.brewcompetition.com/index.php
OCEAN CITY, MD

+Quote Post
CALLE OCHO
post Jul 16 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Stewart

Update one of are sponsors ocean city cigars has donated 16 stir plates to the competition good luck all. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
burger
post Nov 23 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,718

Since this contest was cancelled how do I get my money and/or my beer back? I spent a lot of time and money packaging beer to get it to the this comp. Once I sent my package the address beer was to be delivered to was changed on the website so I had to go back to UPS and have the package rerouted at additional expense. At the very least I want my beer sent back to me so I can enter a contest that will actually happen.

Also, I like how the contact email address was removed from the competition website.

+Quote Post
CALLE OCHO
post Nov 23 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Stewart

QUOTE(burger @ Nov 23 2011, 06:36 PM) *
Since this contest was cancelled how do I get my money and/or my beer back? I spent a lot of time and money packaging beer to get it to the this comp. Once I sent my package the address beer was to be delivered to was changed on the website so I had to go back to UPS and have the package rerouted at additional expense. At the very least I want my beer sent back to me so I can enter a contest that will actually happen.

Also, I like how the contact email address was removed from the competition website.

first of all every one was given a refund at 10 38am today .

west coast east coast cancellation

hello by now most of you have received the notice that the home brew competition was canceled early this morning. do to circumstances be on are control i had no other option but to pull the plug. we had 4 judges pull out of the competition in the last 4 days with the holiday coming i could see were this was going.

we had one of are judges on Monday that was to bring down the beer from are drop off point in Baltimore tell me their was only a couple of entry's their when in fact they had over 30 entry's that we didn't now about with no help and no time to drive 6hr to pick up the entry's that we didn't have enough judges for the anyway we felt that we couldn't hold this competition to the highest standards of an AHA competition and be fare to every one an award the AHA certificate.

All of you have been given a refund via the method you payed pay pal,personal checks, or cash this was done this morning.

if you want to pick up your entry's you can do that any time just let me know when is good for you.

OK with all that said I'm going to confuse you.

west coast east coast competition is no longer sanctioned by the AHA and west coast east coast is dead being that we didn't have enuff judges to be sanctioned AHA and award a certificate .

ocean city home brew club still plans on judging any entry that wants to be judge it just wont be by a sanctioned AHA judge. your beer is all ready here it cost you nothing for this feed back everything is the same except we wont be doing it at the brewery and we wont be giving out the AHA certificate.

we still plan on awarding 1st 2nd 3rd place medals for all the categories listed on the competition page. we still plan on giving a BOS trophy it just wont be this Sunday. your entry will be judge by a fellow home brewer. some of you have all ready contacted me with the go ahead to enter your beer and some of you have told me to ..... .... hey that's your choice. if you want your entry back we will pack it you just need to have ups pick it up.

some of you may not want to have your beer judge or sent back in that case we will trash it at your request.

I'M sorry for the confusion earlier i wanted to send out this email with your refund so you would understand but it been that kind of day so if you still want your beer judge by your fellow home brewers i will need an email back from you by Monday Nov 28

if you want your beer back let me know and we can help you arrange that.

if you don't want to enter and you don't want your beer back please let me know

if we do not here back from you by Nov 28 will discard your entry

ATTENTION IF YOU DROPPED OF YOUR ENTRY AT MHB YOU MUST PICK IT UP THEY WILL NOT SHIP IT BACK TO YOU

i hope this has cleared some off the air

please let me know what you would like to do

art

This post has been edited by CALLE OCHO: Nov 23 2011, 09:28 PM

+Quote Post
burger
post Dec 5 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #6

when should we expect the results of the judging?

+Quote Post
burger
post Dec 7 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(burger @ Dec 5 2011, 08:40 PM) *
when should we expect the results of the judging?

anyone? Seems like this "contest" was a way to get people to send you a lot of beer for nothing. There is a good thread over on hombrewtalk.com about this "contest"

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/east-coast...off-########-282964/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 02:45 PM