IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The bane of the Homebrewer..., how is it that so many beer bar owners are so ignorant?
Thorhale
post May 10 2012, 04:38 AM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,628

So I am going through the training program of a beer bar here, and the owner had the audacity to write up his own descriptions for nearly every beer style you can imagine. That's all fine and good, but after a bit of reading I found myself yelling at my manual "NO NO NO!". Its so frustrating to me that this is what they TEACH their staff, and large portions are either very poorly worded, or just wrong.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Thorhale
post May 19 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Well I am pleased to announce I have moved on to a much better opportunity. Sad to say its not at a beer bar, but at least I don't have to deal with Cicerone Certified Beer Servers who think they know better than me.

The up side is, I finally have the job I got a BS for and I'll still be involved with craft beer in at least some way at work.

+Quote Post
TheProfessor
post Jun 18 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Brewer

Member No.: 12,347

QUOTE(Thorhale @ May 19 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Well I am pleased to announce I have moved on to a much better opportunity. Sad to say its not at a beer bar, but at least I don't have to deal with Cicerone Certified Beer Servers who think they know better than me.

The up side is, I finally have the job I got a BS for and I'll still be involved with craft beer in at least some way at work.

Congrats on your move.
I'm also gratified to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks that Cicerone certification is a pretty meaningless exercise.

This post has been edited by TheProfessor: Jun 18 2012, 05:06 PM

+Quote Post
Thorhale
post Jun 19 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #4

Brewmaster

QUOTE(TheProfessor @ Jun 18 2012, 03:04 PM) *
Congrats on your move.
I'm also gratified to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks that Cicerone certification is a pretty meaningless exercise.

Perhaps the second level is more worthwhile, but the first bar is just set too low imho

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th March 2021 - 02:16 PM