> Brew Magic back up and running, Brew Session this Saturday
Jess
post Jun 5 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

Group: Super Admin
Member No.: 3,729

We have had a Brew Magic (BM) at Alternative Beverage for for about 3 years; however, it has been on the fritz for the last 6-9 months. Bethea and I were able to get it working last Saturday. This weekend (this Saturday), we will be brewing an all grain batch of porter on the BM and an additional extract version of porter. Everyone is welcome to come by and view the process and enjoy some homebrews.

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thorhale
post Jun 9 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,628

QUOTE(Jess @ Jun 5 2012, 09:34 PM) *
We have had a Brew Magic (BM) at Alternative Beverage for for about 3 years; however, it has been on the fritz for the last 6-9 months. Bethea and I were able to get it working last Saturday. This weekend (this Saturday), we will be brewing an all grain batch of porter on the BM and an additional extract version of porter. Everyone is welcome to come by and view the process and enjoy some homebrews.

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

I need a Like Button right now.

+Quote Post
Jess
post Jun 9 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #3

Assistant Brewer
Group Icon

Group: Super Admin
Member No.: 3,729

The brew session went great. The brew magic performed the way it should. Bethea and I did an all-grain Hophead Porter. We achieved a SG of 1.054 on a 5.5 gallon brew. This was the first time we used the BM possibly in over a year. After the session was over we some maintence by relocating the pump and reruning the hoses leading to the pump so that everything will function a little easier.

Next week-end we will be making a 10 gallon batch of Oktoberfest that we will tap at the Charlotte Oktoberfest, the last week in September. Come out and join us this week-end if you can.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2020 - 12:55 PM