> Alternatives for a Control Panel Enclosure
malangon
post Feb 4 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,600

Been a long time, but I thought I would post this question:

I took a side trip down the small batch road. Based on my own experience, it wasn't worth it so I'm revisiting my regular setup.

I previously used an electric HLT and propane kettle, but I want to go all electric and was intrigued by theelectricbrewery web site. Great info and write up.

My question is if anybody knew of any alternatives to the pricey enclosure for the control panel?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WillM
post Feb 8 2013, 07:43 AM
Post #2

Homebrewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,726

QUOTE(malangon @ Feb 4 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Been a long time, but I thought I would post this question:

I took a side trip down the small batch road. Based on my own experience, it wasn't worth it so I'm revisiting my regular setup.

I previously used an electric HLT and propane kettle, but I want to go all electric and was intrigued by theelectricbrewery web site. Great info and write up.

My question is if anybody knew of any alternatives to the pricey enclosure for the control panel?

Well I was able to score a $500 panel for $34.00 at http://stores.ebay.com/southbendindustrial. They were also only about a 45 minute drive from me so I went and picked it up. That place is loaded with stuff as was like a play ground for this old electrician of over 30 years. I will go back to them often I think.

I also thought of wood, and plastic. At one time I thought how cool would it be to build my control panel out of see through acrylic and have a bunch of little multi-colored led lights running around in sequence. Conversation piece if nothing else. To see my $34.00 panel that I scored go to my blog at http://www.stumptowncraftbrewing.blogspot.com There you will see my build from the beginning to present.

If you wanted to spend some money I work for a company that does process controls and could set you up with a small plc and touch screen monitor that has a server so you can access your controls for all your pumps and other hardware via laptop, IPad, smart-Phone, etc. etc. etc...... It isn't cheap but a heck of a game changer. ;-)

This post has been edited by WillM: Feb 8 2013, 07:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 02:38 AM