IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's Up?
Bierliebhaber
post Feb 27 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #1


Brewer
****

Group: Members
Posts: 273
Joined: 12-December 09
From: Portland, OR
Member No.: 15,313



Hey, just curious what projects people are working on; brewery add ons, new recipe, recipe tweak, brew day process tweak/revamp, equipment build, what have you...

I've recently started getting my water chemistry dialed in and I've seen my mash efficiency jump, as a result. I spoke with the water borough and they gave me some details about the water, but based on that info my treatments didn't seem to do the job. I had a friend do an analysis and turns out there is a ton of buffers in the water so my additions weren't cutting it. I also mixed the treatments in the water the night before hoping that would help. Seems to have worked on the mash. I have a CDA and IPA fermenting right now, as the first two brews since I received the more detail information and adjust the treatment. We'll see how it turns out...hoping the hops show well. I intend to enter both in competition if they turn out as intended.

Also, I tweaked my hop stand/whirlpool for both the above brews. I usually drop the temp to 180 and add my whirlpool additions, but I changed it based on the recent article on the subject in BYO. I used a small 20min addition and reserved all my late additions for after flameout and held the temp at 200F for 30min. Then, dropped temp to 170F and added normal whirlpool additions and held temp for 15min. I look forward to seeing how the hop profile turns out.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2020 - 07:05 AM