Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RIDDLING, Bottle caps for champagne bottles
wildbillhiccup
post Mar 4 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 13,642

After a dozen years of kegging my Cidah I am returning to bottling and am going to attempt "Riddling" as well. Years ago I used to add 1\2 cup sugar to 5 gallons and bottle in champagne bottles with plastic corks and wires. Generally after 8 wekks or so I got a good carbonation yet there was always sediment. [1]I have two types of caps that seem to fit most bottles with exception of magnum sizes....do they make a cap for this size. [2] I have shelves with plastic lattice that I always used for drying and storing bottles....based on what I have seen and read I was going to place the capped bottles up-side-down in these but am concerned that the caps will be blown off!!!...Any worry? Always had to have wires on plastic corks to keep that from happening...am I safe with the caps? {3} My new partner, who is more technically and research oriented has tried to convince me that I shoukld use 3\4 cup per 5 gal to get a certain volume of co2...I worry about caps blowing off or bottle bombs later if that is to much sugar\priming. Cider was an OG 1.089---FG .995
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 08:43 PM