Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sodastream
jbar89
post Apr 17 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 6,683

i was just sitting here thinking how to taste my beer sooner if I don't have a keg system.... them it hit me, my mother-in-law bought us a sodastream system and since I usually don't drink soda, why not try my beer with it? Has anyone tried this already? I didn't see any hits when i did a search. For those that don't know what it is, it's a system to make your own sodas, you carbonate the water then add the flavoring. the bottles are very robust, about 3-4 times as thick as a normal 2-liter bottle. might be worth a shot, I'll keep you posted once my next batch makes it to that point.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pilsenhammer
post Apr 27 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #2

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,746

QUOTE(jbar89 @ Apr 17 2013, 08:43 PM) *
i was just sitting here thinking how to taste my beer sooner if I don't have a keg system.... them it hit me, my mother-in-law bought us a sodastream system and since I usually don't drink soda, why not try my beer with it? Has anyone tried this already? I didn't see any hits when i did a search. For those that don't know what it is, it's a system to make your own sodas, you carbonate the water then add the flavoring. the bottles are very robust, about 3-4 times as thick as a normal 2-liter bottle. might be worth a shot, I'll keep you posted once my next batch makes it to that point.

I do this all the time with 1 liter PET plastic soda bottles and a Liquid Bread CO2 Carbonator fitting. I use the Dad's Cream Soda bottles that are dark brown (the root beer bottles are too hard to get rid of the smell). If I have some beer left after filling the keg, I just run it into the bottle and cap it and purge with CO2 and add 30 psi. After it's cold, I re connect it to the gas and give it a little shake to carbonate.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 02:31 AM