IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New System, Been away for a while.. any oldies still around?
anti
post May 11 2016, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,945

Been busy brewing on the new system..
How has everyone been?

(IMG:http://i.imgur.com/y99czKy.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dmtaylor
post Aug 23 2016, 11:50 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 9,280

Most forums are dying a slow death these days. The silliness of phones and Facebook have replaced the knowledgeable forums of old. The only forum now with very appreciable traffic is HBT, and it is full of relatively poor information, slim pickins as to what is good valid info. The best one with most knowledgeable membership but with slower traffic than the old days is AHA. All others have very low traffic now. Even the great NB forum is dying now. Best way to learn now might be to listen to old podcasts and to join a local homebrew club. As for podcasts, Basic Brewing continues to be just about the best podcast I have found. The BN is okay at times but for the most part is garbage. Yeah.......... social media has apparently filled voids that we never knew we had, sucked up way more time than they should, and we just allow it................ we're all becoming faceless automatons controlled by social media, if we allow it. It may be wise to unplug from time to time or to mindfully limit time on the social media. What a waste. I for one would rather be discussing homebrewing with anybody and everybody rather than politics and religion with people I knew in grade school/high school/college and distant cousins that I haven't seen in 20 years. Maybe eventually we'll get back on track to what's most important: beer, and learning about beer, and how best to make it.

Cheers. See you around maybe on every other homebrewing forum known to mankind.

+Quote Post
sdeweese
post Feb 25 2018, 10:54 AM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,077

QUOTE(dmtaylor @ Aug 23 2016, 11:50 PM) *
Most forums are dying a slow death these days. The silliness of phones and Facebook have replaced the knowledgeable forums of old. The only forum now with very appreciable traffic is HBT, and it is full of relatively poor information, slim pickins as to what is good valid info. The best one with most knowledgeable membership but with slower traffic than the old days is AHA. All others have very low traffic now. Even the great NB forum is dying now. Best way to learn now might be to listen to old podcasts and to join a local homebrew club. As for podcasts, Basic Brewing continues to be just about the best podcast I have found. The BN is okay at times but for the most part is garbage. Yeah.......... social media has apparently filled voids that we never knew we had, sucked up way more time than they should, and we just allow it................ we're all becoming faceless automatons controlled by social media, if we allow it. It may be wise to unplug from time to time or to mindfully limit time on the social media. What a waste. I for one would rather be discussing homebrewing with anybody and everybody rather than politics and religion with people I knew in grade school/high school/college and distant cousins that I haven't seen in 20 years. Maybe eventually we'll get back on track to what's most important: beer, and learning about beer, and how best to make it.

Cheers. See you around maybe on every other homebrewing forum known to mankind.

Too true, too true. I, however, still have a StupidPhone...won't even translate emoticons. Ha!

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2018 - 02:45 PM