Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hemp beer, any recipes out there?
the_stain
post Feb 28 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #16

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,731

I'm thinking that the amount of tar produced, will not affect the beer at all. The resin from one ounce of organic matter wis not going to produce off flavors in 5 gallons of beer, especially if you hop it up. If anything the everclear will give you some flavoring.

You may be right, but you also need to consider the loss of potency from the burn process as well.... I'd say extracting the oils without any heat or fire is still going to be your best route.

Hypothethically speaking, of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spectre
post Feb 28 2004, 07:50 PM
Post #17

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 957

Ongoing report....

Futher investigation has revealed that there are certain plants that have been used in brewing before hops that were highly toxic and potentially dangerous.

Seems that these plants were used as sedatives as well. Although it looks like they were mostly used as hallucinogens, for religious reasons.

+Quote Post
Jim_R
post Mar 2 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #18

Brewmaster

Member No.: 416

Np recipe, but an interesting article with tips from the HBD archives:

MBeer (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sleeping.gif)

+Quote Post
huleoo
post Mar 2 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #19

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,208

So I am too lazy to read this whole thing. I have done many baked goods (got to love college life). The best wat I see to do it is this.... start with the gum (hash, what ever you want to call it) from the fresh cut buds. this will be very fragrant. You could also use the buds no problem. Hemp and hops both have properties that help prevent infections. Definetely go with a higher alcohol beer ( 8-9%). I would let it go a week, maybe 2 if using buds. With the gum, it may be helpful to use a half shot of vodka to help dissolve the THC before adding to the brew. It will take some time to dissolve, but would help to ensure no bad guys are stuck in the gum! Just a thought, good luck man!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cool.gif) Maybe Canada could hold the torch of Sanity in the western Hemisphere!!! If it was not soo cold up there, I would be jealous ]<!--emo&:)-->(IMG:http://forums.homebrew.com/html/emoticons/devil.gif) <!--endemo-->

EDIT: DO NOT USE ANY HEAT.... THIS WILL DESTROY A LARGE AMOUNT OF THC AND ALLOT OF THE BENEFICIAL ELEMENTS THAT ARE THERE. cold extraction is the way.

P.S. an Oz in a batch would be a major sedative. You may want to start with less and give it a try. Although I would probably start with 2 (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by huleoo: Mar 2 2004, 09:42 PM

+Quote Post
earthtone
post May 12 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #20

Brewmaster

Member No.: 12,118

On a slightly other note... In Ontario, Canada they make a red hemp beer that is fanTastic using the hempseeds from the illicit plant's cousin. I would love to hear a clone for a beer like this, it's called Buzz Beer.

http://www.coolbeer.com/beers.html

+Quote Post
LBP
post Jun 26 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #21

Group: New Member
Member No.: 16,790

QUOTE(Mike @ Feb 27 2004, 12:09 AM) *
A gardener friend of mine has asked me to help him brew a hemp beer. He has a plentiful supply of ingredients, so cost is no object, if you know what I mean.

Does anyone have any recipes?

Before you start telling me about how this is illegal, I'll tell you right now that I live in Canada, where we are on the verge of de-criminalizing personal possession. Our government even gives marijuana to the terminally ill, free of charge. So please don't start preaching.

There is a recipe at hemp world.
http://www.hempworld.com/HempBeer/html/HempBeer_Recipe.html
To clarify for everyone, there is only allowed up to 0.03% THC per volume in commercially marketed hemp beer legally. That is not enough THC to even make u light headed let alone high. A marijuana plant is closely related to a hop plant and hemp has been used to make beer for centuries. But beyond popular belief, only the seeds are used to make the beer and the process of making the beer kills almost all the THC. Hemp beer is simply a novelty drink. People drink it just to say they have drank it, nothing more. If you make a beer from marijuana that does make you high then technically and legally it is not true hemp beer, it is some other beer-like concoction that you have made up yourself. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 08:43 PM