Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brew PROBLEM! need help!, Babys diaper fell in primary fermentator
MixnMatchBrew
post Oct 27 2004, 05:31 PM
Post #31

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,744

I vote let it ferment! It will either be good or bad. If its good then the yeast won. Bottle it up and send it off for competition like was suggested before me.

If its bad then well you didn't lose any more than you would have just dumping it to begin with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jimvy
post Oct 27 2004, 05:40 PM
Post #32

Brewmaster
Group Icon

Group: Guest Moderator
Member No.: 569

How old is your kid? And how was the diaper wrapped? Was it one of the sticky ones you can tape up into a little ball? Or was it open? I can't believe I'm the only one to ask.....are there no more dads out there? Freaks.

If it was a dumpy diaper, there's no question....but a pissy diaper, from a newborn? I'd let it ride...and honestly, I wouldn't have told anyone (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif) Now, if your kid is 2yr old, I'm thinking dumping is in order. If the diaper was wrapped up tight, maybe I don't care too much....if not, dump it.

What was the contact time? 2 seconds? 2 minutes? Again, if it's 2 seconds, I probably don't care.

Also, worth considering, as someone else mentioned, was it AG or extract? For an extract batch I'm thinking screw it, I'll make another. For an all-grain, maybe I don't want to invest another 6-8 hrs without at least giving it a chance. How often do you brew? Can you easily replace it?

One more thing....who's fault was it? Was it the wife? If so, I dump it and blame her for all the time I have to brew over the next month to catch up to my brew schedule. If it's me, I go back to the questions above.

Jim (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
bonjour
post Oct 27 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #33

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,855

And you thought you wer having a bad beer day! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/devil.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_Lee_*
post Oct 27 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #34

Guests

It's your kid and your beer. Can you handle the mental challenge of drinking it?

+Quote Post
Alebiter
post Oct 27 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 2,769

I can't believe that some of the posters are suggesting applying the "10-second rule" to your situation. Ask yourself, if that diaper had fallen in your (without beans) pot would you be enjoying a bowl of red at home or taking the family out to Mickie D's?

+Quote Post
Askalon
post Oct 27 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #36

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 2,510

QUOTE(kenlenard @ Oct 27 2004, 05:14 PM)
I agree!  You never mentioned how long the offending article actually made contact with the beer.  And... was it "wrapped up" (young parents know this... you roll it and "fasten" it closed)... it may not have even caused a problem.  Now if the diaper was floating in there for any longer than say... 5 seconds... and the beer had complete contact with actual urine... adios cervesos.

somehow i do not think the "5 second rule" applies here.

Plus all the nasties on the outside of the diaper came in contact with it reguardless.

No Tinkle in your Beer please.

This post has been edited by Askalon: Oct 27 2004, 05:56 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_Lee_*
post Oct 27 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #37

Guests

QUOTE(Alebiter @ Oct 27 2004, 06:53 PM)
I can't believe that some of the posters are suggesting applying the "10-second rule" to your situation.  Ask yourself, if that diaper had fallen in your (without beans) pot would you be enjoying a bowl of red at home or taking the family out to Mickie D's?

ROLF ROLF ROLF ROLF

I think that your right. We would be going to Mickie D's!

+Quote Post
Palmetto Pub
post Oct 27 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #38

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 1,659

The fact that you publicly ask the question...go ahead and drink it. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif)

"Rod Tidwell"... must be a big fan of the movie "Jerry Maguire" (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)
"Show me the money"

+Quote Post
kiwicanoeboy
post Oct 27 2004, 06:04 PM
Post #39

Brewer

Member No.: 1,441

QUOTE(Lee @ Oct 27 2004, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE(Alebiter @ Oct 27 2004, 06:53 PM)
I can't believe that some of the posters are suggesting applying the "10-second rule" to your situation.  Ask yourself, if that diaper had fallen in your (without beans) pot would you be enjoying a bowl of red at home or taking the family out to Mickie D's?

ROLF ROLF ROLF ROLF

I think that your right. We would be going to Mickie D's!

I bet a diaper falling in you chilli would be alot better and cleaner than anything you would but at McD's!

kiwi

+Quote Post
kiwicanoeboy
post Oct 27 2004, 06:04 PM
Post #40

Brewer

Member No.: 1,441

QUOTE(Palmetto Pub @ Oct 27 2004, 05:58 PM)
The fact that you publicly ask the question...go ahead and drink it. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif)

"Rod Tidwell"... must be a big fan of the movie "Jerry Maguire" (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)
"Show me the money"

Man that is where that was from, I was trying to figure it out!

kiwi

+Quote Post
Jimvy
post Oct 27 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #41

Brewmaster
Group Icon

Group: Guest Moderator
Member No.: 569

QUOTE(Alebiter @ Oct 27 2004, 05:53 PM)
I can't believe that some of the posters are suggesting applying the "10-second rule" to your situation. 

It is a heffe.... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Danno6102
post Oct 27 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #42

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,239

Guys, I have a question. I'm trying to enter "Baby Piss " & "Baby Poop" into my misc ingredients in Beersmith. Would it be considered "Flavoring" or "Other"? And what is the recommended amount per 5 gallon batch?

Thanks,
Danno

+Quote Post
jeremy585
post Oct 27 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #43

Brewer

Member No.: 2,326

LMAO...definatly "other"

+Quote Post
kenlenard
post Oct 27 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #44

Brewmaster

Member No.: 892

Jimvy: Your questions were the first thing I thought of... I put them in my post. How long contact time? Was the diaper wrapped. Some people don't know about "wrapping" a diaper once it's used. All of this talk is making me thirsty. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Tressin
post Oct 27 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #45

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,211

Dude,

I'd ferment that stuff and see how it tastes!

Even if its fine and tases great you can get a chuckle by giving it to ur inlaws!

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 08:43 PM