Total Votes: 82
Guests cannot vote 
Argyll
post Jan 5 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 855

I only have two Perlicks, but they seem to be the cat's pajamas. I haven't noticed any sticking, and the action of the mechanism seems precise. An exploded parts diagram comes with the faucet which comes in handy when the faucet is taken apart for cleaning.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrewerGeorge
post Jan 10 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,869

I have 4, they're perfect.

+Quote Post
Pillowman
post Jan 14 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #3

Brewer

Member No.: 200

I just received two that I ordered, so I cannot comment on how well they work. They did fit just fine though, and that was a concern after reading the posts in the beer forum. I will return and leave a rating in a couple of weeks after I give my stout a chance to make 'em stick.

+Quote Post
jebus
post Jan 14 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Stewart

Member No.: 3,019

Had to change to vent-matic after my perlicks wouldn't fit in the shanks. The vent-matics fit just fine.

Machined vs. cast, I guess.

Jebus

+Quote Post
BeerGod
post Jan 20 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 2,135

I wouldn't reccommend any other faucet (except the more expensive Ventmatic version) for homebrewers. I even noticed that my local brewpub has a few of these replacing some of there worn-out brass taps. I have used them for a little over a year now and have never had a sticking problem. Dirty secret here: I have only cleaned them twice since i got them. Both times coincided with my running out of homebrew rather than noticing any change in their functionability. The only reasoning I would accept for not getting these right off the bat would be when purchasing a tap tower that comes with standard taps included.

+Quote Post
crazy kegger
post Jul 2 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #6

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,984

my first perlick leaked, second one was worse.

i have 2 gold ventmatics now, and love 'em.

seems alot of folks like the perlicks.

+Quote Post
GutBuster
post Jul 5 2005, 08:26 AM
Post #7

Brewer

Member No.: 3,378

I've just recently started kegging and purchased some chrome faucets from beverage factory they were only $13 and work just fine. What is it about the perlicks that make them worth the extra cash? I was considering upgrading to them later, but now I'm not sure that it is worth it.

edit: spelling

This post has been edited by GutBuster: Jul 5 2005, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post
brewmaster808
post Aug 2 2005, 02:48 AM
Post #8

Brewer

Member No.: 2,686

I had Perlick leak for me to, just foam beer out the nozzel after shutting off. Nearly lost gallon in 2 hours, twice. E-mailed perlicks heard nothing and few days later another faucet showed up in the mail. At least a company that backs it product.

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Aug 23 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #9

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 3,815

I recently upgraded and bought two Perlicks, which I’ve been using for about a month now. They screwed onto my old shanks quickly and easily with no leaks. The mechanism opens smoothly and they only drip a couple of times after you shut them off, which is less than my old standard taps. I highly recommended them and wouldn’t hesitate to buy a couple more when I need to add more taps.

+Quote Post
Trough Lolly
post Aug 29 2005, 07:50 PM
Post #10

Homebrewer

Member No.: 3,516

QUOTE(Brutus @ Aug 24 2005, 05:46 AM)
I recently upgraded and bought two Perlicks, which I’ve been using for about a month now.  They screwed onto my old shanks quickly and easily with no leaks.  The mechanism opens smoothly and they only drip a couple of times after you shut them off, which is less than my old standard taps.  I highly recommended them and wouldn’t hesitate to buy a couple more when I need to add more taps.

G'day all,

I'm hunting around for a faucet for my converted fridge. It looks like Perlicks and Ventmatic are the two leaders in Stainless faucets. Although I like the design and appearance of the Perlicks forward seal faucet, I've never heard of Ventmatics having problems with dripping or incompletely sealing onto shanks. But the Ventmatics cost a bit more - and with our Pacific Peso (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif) I need to choose well since it's not cheap sending stuff down here from the US!

At this stage I'd say Ventmatic is in front by a nose. Happy to hear more from those of you who have owned either faucet...

Cheers,
Rowan

+Quote Post
hot_cook10
post Sep 6 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #11

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 3,881

The Ventmatic's may actually be cheaper then the Perlick's if you buy direct from Ventmatic. There one piece price is $30. I've seen the Perlick's range from $30-$35 each.

I love my Ventmatic. I wish I had four more to replace my other faucets. Someday...

+Quote Post
Mindflux
post Sep 6 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #12

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,236

QUOTE(hot_cook10 @ Sep 6 2005, 12:07 PM)
The Ventmatic's may actually be cheaper then the Perlick's if you buy direct from Ventmatic.  There one piece price is $30.  I've seen the Perlick's range from $30-$35 each.

I love my Ventmatic.  I wish I had four more to replace my other faucets.  Someday...

I get perlicks for 25, so do most others on here.

+Quote Post
hot_cook10
post Sep 7 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #13

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 3,881

Over all I think the Ventmatics are a better buy, even at $5 more. They just pour so much better, in my opinion. I have two Perlick's and I do like them, but I like the Ventmatics a lot better. Just my thoughts.

+Quote Post
Trough Lolly
post Sep 28 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #14

Homebrewer

Member No.: 3,516

G'day all,
By way of update, I ended up buying the VentMatic - it's a great faucet with excellent flow and I love the way I can finish off the head in the glass with this faucet.

The Aussie Homebrewer Forum just did a bulk buy for about 57 more of these great faucets!

Cheers,
Rowan

+Quote Post
Breakpoint
post Apr 18 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #15

Homebrewer

Member No.: 5,356

I love my Perlick. I also have a Ventmatic.

I have noticed that the Perlick is a little looser in action and I tend to get a couple extra drips after shut off compared to my Ventmatic, but nothing to complain about.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 06:21 PM