Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
huleoo
post Jan 11 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,208

I just bought one a few weeks ago and used it the first time tonight. I was surprised after all the warnings that I had read about them and how tricky they are to use. It has 3 valves, but from my experience it is very easy to use. I have been told that the guys at HBA get them in and modify them such that the beer goes straight to the bottle rather than having to go through a 90 to get there. This is to help reduce foaming.` I did forget to turn the beer side off 2 times while filling up 2-22oz and 6-12oz bottles, and that forced me to drink about 8oz of the spillage, darn!

This was my first time ever using one and I would say it is much easier than I had heard and would highly recomend this one for someone in the market. Here is HBA's CPF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danno6102
post Feb 25 2005, 09:45 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,239

I got mine a few weeks ago & have used it 3 times so far. Very easy to use if you pay attention to what you are doing. My valves leak very slighty when I open & close them, but other than that it is a quality product.

Danno

+Quote Post
huleoo
post Feb 25 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,208

Really Danno? I do not get any leaks with mine. I seem to forget the beer valva at least once everytime I use it and blow beer everywhere!!

+Quote Post
Guest_Ted_*
post Apr 30 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Guests

I bought my CPF about a year ago. I have only used it twice, but I can say that it is very easy to use!! Even using it wrong the first time, it filled the bottles just fine, and this time, I was able to fill bottles with warm beer, with little foaming.

+Quote Post
sosman
post Apr 30 2005, 09:44 PM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 3,243

Looks very shiny. If you are up for making one you could do it in under an hour. I made a plug'n'play filler which handles keg-keg and keg-bottle or whatever.

The guts of it look like so:
(IMG:http://brewiki.org/wiki/homebrew/attachments/CounterPressureBottleFiller/attachments/CPF.jpg)

The full story is at http://brewiki.org/CounterPressureBottleFiller

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2018 - 07:23 AM