Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
HighTest
post Feb 14 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

Made in Poland (Poznan) Slowianski is a unique mead with an herbal and root aroma. It won a silver medal in the 1993 National Wine and Mead Contest in Tymbark. In 1991, the National Winemaking Council in Lanckorona distinguished it for its quality superior to any other articipating wines and meads. Slowianski is a "trojniak" (triple) containing 30 percent mead and 60 percent water with 12-14% vol. alcohol. It has been aged for at least one year.

I was extremely disappointed with this mead. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif) Upon opening the bottle, I found very pleasant herbal nose. But after drinking some, I couldn't believe how unsavory this mead tasted. It had a very odd and lingering aftertaste that I found unpalatable. I tried some the next day and still could not bear to swallow it. I actually dumped the remainder of the bottle into the sink drain. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/omg.gif)

Perhaps I got a bad bottle? I don't know. But I would not recommend ths mead to anyone! I am aware of one only vendor: Liquid Solutions, Price $12.50/ 750 ml bottle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gusso
post Apr 4 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Brewer

Member No.: 1,175

I didn't find this mead as bad as Hightest. To me it tasted similar to the royal mead except it was more harsh. I suppose the extended aging to the royal mead made it much smoother. I wouldn't buy again, but I drank it. It was Ok I suppose.

+Quote Post
Zed
post Apr 11 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #3

Homebrewer

Member No.: 2,434

Glad to hear you say that HighTest, I picked up a bottle of this from my LHBS and was very dissapointed as well. My first taste was actually not that bad, but it seemed to get worse every time I tasted it again. I thought it was too sweet and actually it had a bad smell to it as well, I wonder if they used some sort of urea based nutrient or something because I thought it kind of smelled like pee! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/omg.gif)
I am not the only one who could detect the "urine" smell either, a friend who had a different bottle of the same brand could smell it too. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif)

Makes me wonder what "Polish Mead" really is. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sarcasm.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
HighTest
post May 10 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #4

Brewmaster

Member No.: 589

QUOTE(Zed @ Apr 11 2005, 11:45 PM) *
Makes me wonder what "Polish Mead" really is.
Don't judge all Polish meads by this one. Many are excellent! I suspect the "herbal blend" is that reason for the poor taste. Perhaps they don't do well in extended aging, or possibly it's one of those "acquired tastes"... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/eh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 10:31 PM