1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_lord1234_*
post Mar 12 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Guests

So, I like my setup quite a bit...but I have two complaints

first off: HBA should include hose that is not so small ID wise. The ID of the hose that is included is so small that it is nearly impossible to fit on the brown spigots that are included. You may be much better off if you are using one of the hoses without the extended burr at the bottom(such as the blue bottling spigot, these can also handle the high temp)

second off: "the mythical HBA plug in" isn't properly sized to fit this hose snugly...it just "roughly" fits in...this should be a snug fit as opposed to a loose fit in my opinion however useless it is....

I give it a 6.5 so on the poll a 7.

--[banned]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikebrad
post Mar 17 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Assistant Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 222

I've had this for about two years and have had no issues. The hose for the sparge arm will certainly stretch over time, but a snug fit is what you want. The mash pad fits perfectly in the bottom. The only trouble I ever got into was when I was stirring my mash and knocked the false bottom hose out of the spigot. That was messy but it was my fault.

+Quote Post
huleoo
post Mar 25 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,208

Gave it an 8. I have used it for the past year and have learned a bunch while using it. The only problem I have had is with the phils phalse bottom finally collapsing and slowing my sparge way down. I like the mash pad, but have quit using it since I now think it un-neccesary (sp?). All in all, a great setup to learn on.

+Quote Post
Jimvy
post Apr 6 2005, 04:56 PM
Post #4

Brewmaster
Group Icon

Group: Guest Moderator
Member No.: 569

For the money, it's hard to beat. I've been using it, with minor adjustments, for a long time now....still see no need to change.

+Quote Post
Motorrad
post May 29 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 3,935

I have several batch's under my belt with this now, LOVE IT. Nice and easy to work with, I see no need to upgrade either. I Also had the problem with the Hose not fitting, Lucky I had alot of extra hose around so I just used new clear hose, (nice so I can see what is going on also).
I give it a 9. since it has stuck with me through 5gal batch's and now that I have moved up to 10, it is still right there with me. No need for more equipment for when you do take the 10g plunge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2018 - 12:25 AM