Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
cj in j
post May 21 2005, 07:05 PM
Post #1

on hiatus...

Group: Members
Member No.: 69

I got one of Bobye's Cherrywood Mash Paddles this week and took it on its inaugural run today. I've used several different paddles in the past -- one was slightly too short, one was quite a bit too long to fit under my range hood. The short one was rounded at the end and the tall one had several dowel-like pieces of wood that didn't really work well to keep grains from scorching on the bottom of the pot when I was heating the mash (I mash in my brewpot on the stove).

So, I ordered a 31" cherrywood paddle from Bobye. Here it is in action.
1. Overall height is perfect for my setup (10-gallon Polarware in the kitchen).
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/cj_in_j/Beer%20Stuff/Brew%20Day/25_31inch_Paddle.jpg)

2. Beautiful construction and color! Note the nice flat bottom.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/cj_in_j/Beer%20Stuff/Brew%20Day/26_Paddle.jpg)

3. Stirs easily and thoroughly.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/cj_in_j/Beer%20Stuff/Brew%20Day/27_Stirring_Mash.jpg)

4. Keeps the grains from scorching when heating the mash. Also would be great when adding extract or doing a decoction.
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/cj_in_j/Beer%20Stuff/Brew%20Day/28_Stirring_Mash.jpg)

I'm happy! The cherrywood is a beautiful color and pretty lightweight, so it's easy to handle. I'm 100% satisfied -- I feel like taking the rest of this week off from work just so I can brew with this baby more!

Get one -- you won't be disappointed. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikebrad
post May 21 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 222

I've been using one for over a year now and it has held up great. It is solid, professional, precision crafted, and wasn't that expensive. My little five gallon batches are child's play for this thing. I highly recommend.

+Quote Post
Blizzbrews
post May 24 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 44

Mine showed up the day before a brewday, perfect timing. I also got a 31" version and it's perfect for my system. I can't add much to what CJ said, other than it adds some real class to my "brewery".

Kinda wondering why someone gave it a "3". (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif) Maybe they paddled their kid with it and broke it.

+Quote Post
cj in j
post May 24 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #4

on hiatus...

Member No.: 69

QUOTE(Blizzbrews @ May 24 2005, 02:03 PM)
Kinda wondering why someone gave it a "3".  (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)   Maybe they paddled their kid with it and broke it.
I was wondering the same thing. No problem with someone giving a low rating -- on anything -- but I wish they'd add a comment or two so we know why they weren't satisfied. Just a number by itself mean very little. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)

+Quote Post
Bobye
post May 26 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #5

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 3,793

QUOTE(cj in j @ May 24 2005, 12:06 AM)
I was wondering the same thing. No problem with someone giving a low rating -- on anything -- but I wish they'd add a comment or two so we know why they weren't satisfied. Just a number by itself mean very little.  (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)

I agree. If you let me know what was bad, it might be something I can address and improve on. Otherwise, I'll just keep making them the same way. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
blktre
post May 28 2005, 01:06 PM
Post #6

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,743

So your the brotehr in law........had mine for over a year...works great. Excellent quality and craftsmanship.......i give it a 10+........

+Quote Post
borny
post May 28 2005, 01:22 PM
Post #7

Brewmaster

Member No.: 253

I've had mine for a loooong time and love it!

+Quote Post
jayflap
post Dec 10 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #8

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,547

More than a year and a half since everyone else's review here, I just received mine last week. Opening the package from Jimvy, I have to say that I am very excited to get this thing into the mash tun and start stirring some grains. Very sturdy construction, perfect handle shape. This is going to be great.

Thanks Bobye and Jimvy,

J

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Dec 10 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,655

After I moved in March, I found that my kitchen hood fan is too low for me to be able to use the Bobye mash paddle I got. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif) I have it displayed in my beer nook instead -- it looks great, but I really hope I have a chance to use it again for its intended purpose.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 12:37 PM