Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Chauvan
post Jun 28 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,251

It's good. It's not great. It's what you'd expect from a commercial brewer in terms of color, taste and aroma. But it's not great. It's a respectable IPA. Some faint hints of the apricot are there, but nothing that suggests fruit beer.

If I had bought this for the standard price of microbrew ---> 6-8 dollars a 6 pack, I'd be happy with my purchase and think that it was a solid purchase. But at the inflated price of 9.26 a 4-pack, it just wasn't worth it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SammyP
post Jul 8 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Brewer

Group: deleted
Member No.: 3,891

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Jun 28 2005, 09:49 PM)
It's good.  It's not great.  It's what you'd expect from a commercial brewer in terms of color, taste and aroma.  But it's not great.  It's a respectable IPA.  Some faint hints of the apricot are there, but nothing that suggests fruit beer.

If I had bought this for the standard price of microbrew ---> 6-8 dollars a 6 pack, I'd be happy with my purchase and think that it was a solid purchase.  But at the inflated price of 9.26 a 4-pack, it just wasn't worth it.

I feel the same as you. I was underwhelmed, but it's still a respectable beer. Overpriced, for sure!

+Quote Post
Hop Mania
post Jul 8 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,590

This was a nice respectable IPA, but I was certainly underwhelmed. For the price, I was expecting alot more.

+Quote Post
Guest_Ted_*
post Jul 8 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE(Hop Mania @ Jul 8 2005, 05:30 PM)
This was a nice respectable IPA, but I was certainly underwhelmed.  For the price, I was expecting alot more.

Same here!! Not only for the price, but the fact that it's from DFH, I was expecting more. I did however note a lot of Apricot as it warmed.

+Quote Post
Hop Mania
post Jul 8 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #5

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,590

QUOTE(Ted @ Jul 8 2005, 08:25 PM)
Same here!! Not only for the price, but the fact that it's from DFH, I was expecting more. I did however note a lot of Apricot as it warmed.

I drink most of my beers warm and I wouldn't call it alot. For a DFH beer I rather expected an apricot to fall outta the bottle.

+Quote Post
mikebrad
post Aug 7 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 222

I had the same high expectations that you guys did from this beer and was disappointed as well. I drank the first one of the 4-pack and really didn't enjoy it as all. The other 3 probably stayed in my fridge for 3 months. When I tried one after that and took it for what it was and not what I was expecting, it wasn't so bad. I gave it a 6 as a decent IPA.

+Quote Post
the4th
post Dec 24 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #7

Brewer

Member No.: 2,285

As over the top as DFH is with their hops, I expected INTENSE apricot flavor as well.

I give this one a "Meh."

+Quote Post
broadvinci
post Feb 26 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #8

Homebrewer

Member No.: 8,422

I liked this beer a lot. The characteristics DFH mentioned on the label were real close to what my perception of the beer was. It did however have that real "sweet" taste that a lot of DFH seasonals/specials have.

I like this beer after I have other beers on my palet. First thing in the morning, it is way to complex for my liking, 3 or 4 deep it becomes a delicious treat.

Price shouldn't dictate your perception of quality. It is a high quality ale crafted from the finest ingredients.

+Quote Post
broadvinci
post Feb 26 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #9

Homebrewer

Member No.: 8,422

I liked this beer a lot. The characteristics DFH mentioned on the label were real close to what my perception of the beer was. It did however have that real "sweet" taste that a lot of DFH seasonals/specials have.

I like this beer after I have other beers on my palet. First thing in the morning, it is way to complex for my liking, 3 or 4 deep it becomes a delicious treat.

Price shouldn't dictate your perception of quality. It is a high quality ale crafted from the finest ingredients.

+Quote Post
WinkyDowBrewing
post Mar 10 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #10

Brewer

Member No.: 8,104

Like many have mentioned, you'd expect the apricot to plop out of the bottle. I like this beer as an IPA with a bite, but to really put the Apri in the beers title would indicate a serious apricot flavor which it just lacked. It just unfortunate that SA Cherry Wheat didnt have the same vice, but rather they turned a good idea into cough syrup.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 01:10 PM