Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
HighTest
post Dec 19 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

Bulmer Strongbow imported dry, cider, 5.0% abv, made H.P. Bulmer Ltd, Hereford, England.

I tried this cider after having the Blackthorn. I was again greatly disappointed. It had a similar weak apple aroma and flavor. I also felt this cider was thin & watery tasting. I was only slightly more impressed with this cider than the Blackthorn cider - and that's not saying much. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif)

Strongbow's list of ingredients were: fermented apple juice or apple juice from concentrate, sugars, water, citric acid, ascorbic acid and sulfur dioxide - concentrate, sugar, & citric acid? Apples contain malic acid!

Although the base for this cider appears to be made in England, it is imported & bottled in Middlebury, VT... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sorry.gif) It would appear that they mix-up the concetrate in the US just before bottling - and it tastes that way as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)

I bought this cider from: Liquid Solutions, Price $1.65/ 355 ml bottle - but never again... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Japhmi
post Dec 20 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

We got a 6-pack of this from Liquid Solutions, sat down and drank some. It was... how should I put this... Malt-beverage-like. My dad, trying one, compared it more to Zima than anything else.

So, I wouldn't say it was bad, but it's not the more wine-like card ciders I've had other places. If you were looking for that, you're going to be disapointed.

+Quote Post
sam smith
post Jun 24 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 1,930

I don't know about the stuff you get in America but here in the UK it tastes like an industrial by-product. How can a dry cider have added sweetners? The colouring was that strong it even stained the PET bottle it came in!

I drank this cider regularly many tears ago when it looked & tasted like cider!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 06:46 PM