Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
ScottS
post Dec 22 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 1,340

Baron Noir Sparkling Sweet Cider, produced by Cidrerie du Val de Vire, Normandie, France. 2% ABV.

I tasted this cider the day after the Baron Noir Sparkling Dry Cider, so as to compare the two. I found that I liked the Dry somewhat better.

Amber in color, very lightly carbonated, smells nicely appley. The initial flavor is that of apple juice. No alcohol is even noticable. Quite appley and sweet, low to moderate acidity, no tannins at all, some aromatic apple notes, but very little in the way of complexity. Slightly medicinal aftertaste. Frankly, it reminds me of a decent unfermented apple juice with just a tiny bit of vodka added. If that's what I'm going to drink, I can do it a whole lot cheaper than this stuff.

There isn't really anything bad about this cider, but neither is there anything remarkable. I doubt I'd buy it again. I'm giving it a 6.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HighTest
post Jan 29 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

I just got around to tasting the sweet version of the Baron Noir cider, and really liked it. As Scott noted, there is very little alcohol in this cider, and it has a definite apple juice-like taste. I gave it a 9 as I could have drank a gallon of it! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif) And that just underscores the issue of personal preference - Scott prefered the dry version, I preferred the sweet. There is no right, or wrong here. Just personal taste... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

In my perfect world, this cider would have ~6% abv and the same apple character. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 09:04 PM