IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Manoir du Parc Authentic Poire, Perry!
What do you think:
What do you think:
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
ScottS
post Dec 23 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 1,340

Manoir du Parc Authentic Poire from Normandy, manufactured by La Brique, Saint-Joseph, France. Ingredients: 100% fermented pear juice. 3% ABV.

Short version: THIS IS GOOD STUFF.

Long version: This stuff looks exactly like pear juice. Surprise. Moderately carbonated, a decent amount of brown sediment in the bottle. The smell is unique and somewhat sweet, I don't think I'd call it pear if I didn't know what it was. It took about three sips before I decided it was really yummy. Very nicely balanced - moderate acidity, moderate tannins that kind of sneak up on you, just a touch of sweetness, pleasant carbonation, and a flavor that is reminicent of pear but is not what you'd expect.

The only other real perry I've had is made by Lurgashall's in England, and this stuff just blows Lurgashall's out of the water. I'm giving it a 9.

Perry lesson: Perry is exactly like cider, but made with (duh) pears. Just as with cider, special perry pear varieties (scroll down) were developed that have much more acidity and tannins than conventional eating pears. These special pears were obviously used in the production of this perry, since the perry actually has some interest. As a side note, Bartlett pears were originally developed as a single-variety well-rounded perry pear. These days all of the interest has been bred out of them, so they make a fine eating pear but a bland perry pear.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phalanxausage
post Dec 24 2005, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 197

I'm gonna keep an eye out for this. Thanks!

+Quote Post
HighTest
post Dec 24 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 589

I'm sorry I did not include this beverage in my order. But it will be there next time! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ScottS
post Dec 29 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #4

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 1,340

I forgot to mention that I bought it from Liquid Solutions. Shipping is a killer, but even so, I'm considering ordering more.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 10:32 PM