Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alternative Beverage + Homebrew Adventures, Important Announcement
kroyster
post Feb 15 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

We are pleased to announce that Charlotte's two homebrew retailers Alternative Beverage (www.ebrew.com) and Homebrew Adventures (www.homebrew.com ) have combined forces to bring you the southeast's largest and best retail homebrew experience.

QUOTE(Personal Message from Jess Faucette - owner of Alternative Beverage)
My name is Jess Faucette. I have been blessed all my life in different ways. Most recently I was blessed with the opportunity and the resources to help some friends in need. I was able to buy the assets of Homebrew Adventures and Homebrew.com. I have been further blessed by Ale, Jason and Dee agreeing to come on board and help me in my continuing effort to develop the absolutely best homebrew winemaking shop in the land. It will happen. We will keep most things the same way as you have grown to expect them at Homebrew.com at least for the present but we will always be seeking ways to improve your experience with us. We will honor all customer gift cards and membership privileges. If there issues, past or present that need to be addressed, please contact me personally and I will make every effort to reconcile any problems within my control. Our policies will remain the same as at our other operation - Alternative Beverage, * no credit card charges are processed until the orders are shipped, * known brew club members will be given 10% off any item with a retail price greater than $5. * Liquid yeast orders are shipped to avoid week-end layovers. * Orders will be processed within 24 hours or communication will be initiated to advise you of the situation and your options.
We are working feverishly to seamlessly merge the two operations, but we are experiencing some temporary delays as we merge processes and relocate inventory and operations to the Alternative Beverage retail shop at 114-E Freeland Lane. We appreciate your understanding during this transition. Please direct orders and inquiries to Alternative Beverage [Order Line 800.365.2739 & Advice Line 704.527.2337], as HBA's former retail place is no longer staffed.

Online orders can continue to be placed on either site. The HBA shopping cart is currently sending orders to AltBev for fulfillment, although I would expect that eventually there will be just one shopping cart.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Feb 15 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,251

So, the place i just visited last weekend is no longer there??

+Quote Post
cj in j
post Feb 15 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #3

on hiatus...

Member No.: 69

Sounds like you were one of the last customers at the old shop!

+Quote Post
Zandelar
post Feb 15 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Brewmaster

Member No.: 4,717

Cool....I will have more stuff to check out on Saturday mornings.... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
passlaku
post Feb 15 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 4,679

Okay. I think I have gotten caught up. The combination of these two operations will be good for brewers in the S.E. and hopefully further. Jess and the guys at AltBev are good people. Especially if they're able to keep Ale, Jason and D-man. I think this will be good for all of us who shop at both stores.

+Quote Post
80Schilling
post Feb 15 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #6

Brewmaster

Member No.: 92

Man, Chauvan, don't visit my house. I can't afford to move. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

Okay, the big question: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE BREWBOARD?

+Quote Post
Connie
post Feb 15 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #7

Birthday Princess

Member No.: 3,717

And The BB Open?

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Feb 15 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #8

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,251

What about HBA recipe kits? Are those going to carry over to AltBev? Or has CJ's notoriety fallen off?

AltBev also charges for cracking grain. HBA didn't. Can we expect to get screwed on this?

I see the memberships are being honored for now, but what happens as they expire? AltBev doesn't seem to have the same mechanism.

Can we expect to see AltBev offering a .pdf of the recipe like HBA did? Or will that unique and much appreciated feature fall off and die?

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Feb 15 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

QUOTE(DrDale @ Feb 15 2006, 07:59 PM)
Okay, the big question: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE BREWBOARD?
If all goes as planned, nothing should change on the brewboard. I had a long talk with Jess before the sale, and one of the things we discussed was the brewboard. He agrees with and shares our philosophy on running the brewboard, that it is a resource that should remain largely noncommercial. And although I am no longer involved in the store operations, I will remain here to manage the brewboard for Jess.
QUOTE(Connie @ Feb 15 2006, 08:00 PM)
And The BB Open?
The BB Open was always a member-managed event, so that shouldn't change.

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Feb 15 2006, 08:04 PM)
What about HBA recipe kits?  Are those going to carry over to AltBev?  Or has CJ's notoriety fallen off? AltBev also charges for cracking grain.  HBA didn't.  Can we expect to get screwed on this? I see the memberships are being honored for now, but what happens as they expire?  AltBev doesn't seem to have the same mechanism.  Can we expect to see AltBev offering a .pdf of the recipe like HBA did?  Or will that unique and much appreciated feature fall off and die?
Jess may have to answer some of these questions, but right now he's very busy managing the transition and hasn't yet joined the brewboard. My guess is that recipe kits and their PDFs will remain as long as there is demand. I can't answer for cracking charges and membership discounts. I do know that he offers discounts for club members, which I think is a great way to promote supporting your local homebrew clubs.

+Quote Post
Dude
post Feb 15 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #10

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,348

All good questions Chauvan.

Right now I'm more concerned abut my order, and if I'll be able to brew this weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
cj in j
post Feb 15 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #11

on hiatus...

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Feb 16 2006, 10:04 AM)
What about HBA recipe kits?  Are those going to carry over to AltBev?  Or has CJ's notoriety fallen off?
I've already been contacted about the JPA kits -- there may be some minor changes in them, but they will still be offered. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
the_stain
post Feb 15 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #12

Brewer

Member No.: 1,731

The HBA Brewboard Club is an officially recognized AHA club... do we all get the 10% discount? (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
JB-Brewer
post Feb 16 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #13

Brewer

Member No.: 4,966

So I'm guessing there was no preperation to this change? Everything just seems to be bogged up and does online ordering even go to the right people? Just seems like nothing at all has been organized before this drastic change.... the phone number on the website isn't even right, I was calling it all day today. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sorry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/shock.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

+Quote Post
cj in j
post Feb 16 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #14

on hiatus...

It's my understanding that this all happened somewhat suddenly and unexpectedly.

+Quote Post
WhiteSoxFan
post Feb 16 2006, 01:28 AM
Post #15

Brewmaster

Member No.: 4,416

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Feb 15 2006, 06:04 PM)
What about HBA recipe kits?  Are those going to carry over to AltBev?  Or has CJ's notoriety fallen off?...

...Can we expect to see AltBev offering a .pdf of the recipe like HBA did?  Or will that unique and much appreciated feature fall off and die?

A number of the Extract Ale recipe PDF's are no longer linked...

Abbey Normal, Aniline Ale, Big Ben, Schizoid, High Sierra Bigfeet, High Sierra Pale to name a few.

All of the All Grain and all of the Lager pdf's are there.

Get 'em now before they're gone, I guess.

This post has been edited by WhiteSoxFan: Feb 16 2006, 01:29 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 06:38 AM