Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Return of the Brewboard - Part II
kroyster
post Mar 30 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

OK - let's try this again. The database has once AGAIN been restored to pre-server-migration status, so old posts will have to be restarted, and recent accounts will have to be reregistered. I will try to make daily backups until we get these database problems resolved, so hopefully we won't have to loose all this data any more.
  • The root problem still hasn't been identified yet and may return, so don't be surprised if the board goes on and offline as we continue to research it.
  • Old posts have been deleted to reduce the size of our database. I think part of the problem is we have an enormous database that mysql is having trouble with, so unfortunately I had to prune some sections of any topics that have not been active in over a year.
  • If you had some old favorite topics bookmarked, I'm sorry for the loss, but getting the board back online was a bigger priority. I may still be able to recover some stuff from the old backup, but that's a much lower priority now. Going forward, we can try to implement a process to save the really good topics (maybe move thgem to a Hall of Fame subforum?).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
huleoo
post Mar 30 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,208

Thanks for the hard work Kroyster! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
pods8
post Mar 30 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,518

Good work!

The links in a couple FAQ for wiring diagrams are dead, did those get pruned? (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/eh.gif)

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Mar 30 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #4

Brewmaster

QUOTE(pods8 @ Mar 30 2006, 07:35 PM) *
The links in a couple FAQ for wiring diagrams are dead, did those get pruned? (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/eh.gif)

No - there is a known issue with attachments since the server migration. I had it fixed, but overwrote the fix when I upgraded the software, so I just need to find that fix and reimplement it.

+Quote Post
Pillowman
post Mar 30 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 200

Looks like we still have four years of recipes (give or take the last few weeks), I consider those the most irreplacable posts. Well done Keith (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
azu
post Mar 30 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #6

Brewer

Member No.: 779

Kroyster again saves the day! We are behind you my friend! You shall prevail! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
GaryNConcord
post Mar 30 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #7

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 3,540

Just to add another note of appreciation for the hard work and perserverance. Thanks for staying with it and not giving up!

+Quote Post
Swagman
post Mar 30 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #8

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,002

Thanks but right now the view counter is not working and its running in mudd Thought you would like to know.

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Mar 30 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Swagman @ Mar 30 2006, 09:09 PM) *
Thanks but right now the view counter is not working and its running in mudd Thought you would like to know.
(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif)

The view counter has been moved to a lower priority in an attempt to improve board speed, so those counts will update eventually, but not immediately.

+Quote Post
Hokie Brewer
post Mar 30 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #10

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,304

I work for CycleTrader.com and I remember our site crashed for part of a day because a spider was attacking our site and sucking up our bandwith, and I think it happened the same day of the first BB crash. Any idea if it's sometyhing like that?

+Quote Post
Whammo
post Mar 30 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #11

Brewer

Member No.: 5,298

As a Newbie I am totally put out that I had to re-register and lose what status I gained in the last week or two!!!!!111!1eleven!1 YOU OWE ME!

LOL KIDDING!!! Just glad its back up... can't wait to get to know the board better. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
psolio
post Mar 30 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #12

Brewer

Member No.: 2,594

QUOTE(kroyster @ Mar 30 2006, 07:04 PM) *
[*]Old posts have been deleted to reduce the size of our database. I think part of the problem is we have an enormous database that mysql is having trouble with, so unfortunately I had to prune some sections of any topics that have not been active in over a year.
[/list]

As far as I'm concerned - all PH threads can be deleted, if they are older than a month. Honestly, not many people go back that far.

+Quote Post
pods8
post Mar 30 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #13

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,518

QUOTE(kroyster @ Mar 30 2006, 07:40 PM) *
No - there is a known issue with attachments since the server migration. I had it fixed, but overwrote the fix when I upgraded the software, so I just need to find that fix and reimplement it.

Cool let me know when they are up. Or if its easier to somehow snag the 2 bodine wiring attachments and email them to me, let me know. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Connie
post Mar 31 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #14

Birthday Princess

Member No.: 3,717

You're a good man K. Let us know if theres anything WE can do to help resolve issues that might arise.

+Quote Post
80Schilling
post Mar 31 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #15

Brewmaster

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(psolio @ Mar 30 2006, 10:33 PM) *
As far as I'm concerned - all PH threads can be deleted, if they are older than a month. Honestly, not many people go back that far.

Are you kidding? My stock in trade over there is to point out when people are contradicting something they said 2.5 years ago (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif) . Seriously, there are a few "classic" PH threads that ought to be kept, but of course a lot of the older threads could safely be deleted. I suspect that that is true in the beer forum, too. How many "What are theese things floating in my beer?!?" threads are we saving for posterity?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 04:46 PM