Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skin Selector - where's the other choice
dirt_mcgirt
post Jun 9 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,194

There used to be another choice in the skin selector at the bottom for default blue and white colors. I know there's the lo-fi version but that's no good because it cuts out a lot of stuff. The blue skin still had everything and didn't make my screen stick out like a sore green thumb at work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mindflux
post Jun 9 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,236

I guess I don't get why you are not wanting to use the low-fi version. that's the least 'sore thumbish' you are gonna get out of the board.

I don't remember a blue version of the skin, though.

This post has been edited by Mindflux: Jun 9 2006, 08:49 AM

+Quote Post
Japhmi
post Jun 9 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 999

QUOTE(sirbrewzalot @ Jun 9 2006, 08:26 AM) *
There used to be another choice in the skin selector at the bottom for default blue and white colors. I know there's the lo-fi version but that's no good because it cuts out a lot of stuff. The blue skin still had everything and didn't make my screen stick out like a sore green thumb at work.

Make the background on your computer green (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/biggrin.gif) That's what I do.

+Quote Post
dirt_mcgirt
post Jun 9 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #4

Brewmaster

Member No.: 4,194

The blue default colors skin was in the drop down menu immediately to the left of the 'Lo-fi' link, beneath the RSS button. Basically it made the board look like the NB forum. I don't like lo-fi because it doesn't show the second title, you can't tell which threads have new posts, and it generally looks like crap.

+Quote Post
Mike_A
post Jan 18 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #5

Brewer

Member No.: 4,423

I just found out about the skin selector. I was using the lo-fi version, but had to switch back to green to post. I'm liking the IP.Board Pro skin, no more green (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
80Schilling
post May 27 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Brewmaster

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(Mike_A @ Jan 18 2008, 02:29 PM) *
I just found out about the skin selector. I was using the lo-fi version, but had to switch back to green to post. I'm liking the IP.Board Pro skin, no more green (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

I like this skin, too, but it seems to have some problems. For example, when I post links, I tened to end up with the entire rest of my post becoming pat of the clickable text. I just kind of mention this because I wonder if there is a patch to fix the issues with the skin that could be applied without too much effort.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 27 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #7

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

QUOTE(DrDale @ May 27 2008, 08:11 AM) *
I like this skin, too, but it seems to have some problems. For example, when I post links, I tened to end up with the entire rest of my post becoming pat of the clickable text. I just kind of mention this because I wonder if there is a patch to fix the issues with the skin that could be applied without too much effort.

Test

Let me look into it. If it was one of our skins, I could easily understand problems with it but I'm a little surprised since it's a skin from Invision. Then again... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)

Edit: that test seemed to work correctly. Dale, if that happens to you again, could you PM me with a link to the post. Also, do you happen to know if you post a link and it's messed up for you, does it look right for others?

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 27 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #8

Brewmaster

Well, in trying to fix the skin, I may have completely hosed it. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/blush.gif) I'm trying to get it back the way it was so be patient.

+Quote Post
80Schilling
post May 27 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ May 27 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Test

Let me look into it. If it was one of our skins, I could easily understand problems with it but I'm a little surprised since it's a skin from Invision. Then again... (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/dry.gif)

Edit: that test seemed to work correctly. Dale, if that happens to you again, could you PM me with a link to the post. Also, do you happen to know if you post a link and it's messed up for you, does it look right for others?

A completely boring story about the Mars lander. Hmm, this seems to be okay. I do noice the other... changes. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

By the way, if it is easy to change this, one thing that it would be handy to change about this skin is the color of the text where it tells you the names of the other people logged in, reading the same thread, etc. In white, those hardly stand out from the background.

Thanks,
Dale

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 27 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #10

Brewmaster

QUOTE(DrDale @ May 27 2008, 01:00 PM) *
By the way, if it is easy to change this, one thing that it would be handy to change about this skin is the color of the text where it tells you the names of the other people logged in, reading the same thread, etc. In white, those hardly stand out from the background.

That's actually what I was trying to fix when everything else got screwed up. All I changed was the color of that text and somehow it hosed up the entire skin.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 27 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #11

Brewmaster

Ok, I believe I was able to revert back to the previous look for this skin. I'm not completely sure because I don't use this skin much but it looks better to me. Still can't see the member names though. Let me know if something other than that looks wrong.

Edit: George says it's worse so I'll stop screwing with it. Sorry guys....maybe kroyster can re-install it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2021 - 08:17 AM