IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Group Brew: Cruz's Apple Butter Cyser - Fall 2006, Brew date: Weekend of October 14, 2006
cRuZ
post Nov 18 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #271

Homebrewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,601

A "VERITCAL" tasting of five years of ABC? I think more than likely you will be "HORIZONTAL" after that tasting!

Regards,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hokieborn
post Jan 18 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #272

Brewer

Member No.: 5,845

Well this has been in the bottle for 1 year now. We opened up 2 bottles last night to share among 4 of us (me, my wife, my brew buddy, his wife).

It was still hot from the alcohol but clearly had mellowed considerably over the past year. The wives did not get past the alcohol bite, and each only had about 1 sip of their glass - oh darn, I had to finish hers to. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif)

The raisin flavor is still very pronounced (although A LOT less than when I had put it in the bottle), and is the first thing I tasted. It took a couple of sips to get past the raisin, but once I did, a very smooth apple flavor started to work its way to the front. It certainly did not do that when it was bottled, (it was raisin juice back then). My brew partner got some undertones of vermouth from the flavor, however I did not notice the same.

If last night was it - I don't think I would make this again. However, it has clearly changed (for the better) over the past year, and I can easily see this continuing to improve, so I am really excited about my next tasting in another year, and if it does indeed improve even more - than next Feb I will be making my second batch, and turn it into an annual affair.

On a side note, the only alcholic drink I had last night was 1 12 oz bottle of this, and I woke up this morning with a headache. If this continues to mellow and the smooth apple flavor becomes more pronounced - it will be a dangerous beast.

+Quote Post
cRuZ
post Feb 20 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #273

Homebrewer

Hello HBORN,

How are you? Glad that it is improving for you. I have found that age is your friend and if you let it continue to develop in the bottle, it will become almost sherry or brandy like.......the raisin taste will fade from very pronounced and the apple will shine through. All the best friend!

Regards,

+Quote Post
mohoghead
post Mar 1 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #274

Brewer

Member No.: 10,291

we had to do errands all day yesterday so i put a lean pork loin in the crockpot with sweet potatos and peaches we put up last fall. then poured a bottle of cruz apple butter cyser on top of it. by the time we got around to dinner last night, it was fantastic, a new recipe to keep. now don't jump on me, i saved the juice, nothing wasted.

+Quote Post
Matt the Mead Ma...
post Mar 1 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #275

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,119

I still haven't bottled my 2006 batch but this thread is a good reminder! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif) I like mohoghead's inventiveness with the brew - I'll bet that tasted great!

+Quote Post
mohoghead
post Mar 1 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #276

Brewer

Member No.: 10,291

QUOTE(Matt the Mead Maker @ Mar 1 2009, 06:55 PM) *
I still haven't bottled my 2006 batch but this thread is a good reminder! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif) I like mohoghead's inventiveness with the brew - I'll bet that tasted great!

the sauce was the best part (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
cRuZ
post Mar 3 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #277

Homebrewer

Dude, I do the same thing................with a nice pork roast and sauerkraut!

DELICIOUS........best served with some apple sauce and some apple butter to smear on the meat......

Good on you man!

Warm Regards,

+Quote Post
spindrift
post Dec 19 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #278

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 11,879

Well I made this not too long ago and am looking to bottle now. My yeast is maxed out how does this taste still, or is it absolutely supposed to be sparkling???

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 10:54 AM