Guests cannot vote 
ScottS
post Oct 19 2006, 07:47 AM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 1,340

Order it here.

This is a low alcohol carbonated mead intended to appeal to the beer and wine cooler crowd. As far as mead goes, it's mediocre stuff, with not a lot of mead or raspberry flavor and strange off flavors. One bottle was enough for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phalanxausage
post Oct 19 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 197

I tried a bottle of this last Mead Day. I was impressed that id didn't have any of the nastiness typically found in commercial beverages that call themselves mead. Free from fusels, sulfites, cloying sweetness & articifial tasting fruit flavors. The problem was it didn't have the good flavors either. There was a fruit aroma & a bland, flabby palate. I think a small acid addition would wake up the flavors and turn this into a decent beverage. If I have it again I'll probably add a few drops of lemon juice. I gave it a six, since they deserve some credit for being free of the commercial mead nastiness.

+Quote Post
Mead Guy From MD
post Nov 23 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #3

Brewer

Member No.: 5,964

This was my first Mead so I am a bit partial. That being said, I think that the Raspberry flavor is indeed weak and that the overall honey presence is a bit low too. I have now sampled about 5 more commercial Meads and realize that the Redstone is lacking in flavor as a whole. I liked it enough to buy some though and it inspired me to make my own. The mouth feel is decent but it does have a lingering aftertaste, not bad but certaingly not excellent. Looking at the big picture, it's not bad for commercial but it could use more flavor and aroma. I respect Redstone for actually being a Meadery, not just being a winery that ferments some left over honey.
~Phil

+Quote Post
JoeACL5
post Nov 26 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Homebrewer

Member No.: 3,916

I havn't had much experience with mead, but I was not impressed with this one. Had difficulty finishing the bottle with help. This being said I have had their Juniper Berry Honey Wine (or whatever its called), and was quite impressed. Check it out. The price is also much more reasonable on the website than what I paid in Boston (Nectar was 24, mountain honey wine was 28).

This post has been edited by JoeACL5: Nov 26 2006, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 06:21 PM