Guests cannot vote 
borny
post Oct 27 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 253

Wild Blossom Blueberry Mead
80% honeywine 20% Blueberries (wonder if the blueberries were used for fermentation, or post fermentation/sweetening or flavoring the mead) They use sulfites.... (I'm not sensitive to sulfites, I know what an over (read as way over top) sulfited wine tastes like, but I can't taste it in these meads)

Packaging - green bottles with a generic Wild Blossom Label and corked with a natural cork. (cork broke while trying to take it out - wonder if there is a problem with the cellaring)

Apperance - purple hue but transparent. Looks like a thin merlot or shiraz.

Aroma - Strong floral and blueberry spiciness, slight hint of honey and winey. [very complex, as with other Wild Blossom meads the aroma changes after the initial taste changes to a more floral aroma]

Taste - strong presence of blueberries, washed clean with honey, slight acidity with a blueberry aftertaste and an acidicy to back up the sweetness. Not overly sweet, but definately not bone dry. IMO excellent balance. Mighty tastey and inviting for seconds.

Overall impression - very tastey, enjoyable and could go back for seconds. This, to me, is a good melomel! I could invision myself drinking this mead for dinner, dessert and to cap off the evening. It is not heavy at all, but has the flavor that I could see carring itself through out a meal. I would pair this with red meat and sausage [not grilled]. If I were to drink it with chicken of fish it would definately have to be grilled, with a mild smoke, as to keep up with the flavor. Verry nice melomel!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
borny
post Oct 28 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 253

I should add my wife had some and thought it was very acidic.... I still enjoyed it.

This post has been edited by borny: Oct 28 2006, 03:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 04:27 PM