Closed TopicStart new topic
> Trouble posting in the new forum - FIXED, when using AOL
TommyMc
post Jan 8 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Assistant Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 744

Since the board came back, I can't post when using the AOL browser. I get a non specific error message. All seems fine if I use Firefox.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TommyMc
post Jan 9 2007, 06:28 AM
Post #2

Assistant Brewer

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

This is the message I get when trying to post through AOL's browser. If I swap over to Firefox, same message, same computer, same time, I can post fine. Is anybody else on AOL.......and having problems? I would use Firefox all the time but it can be a PITA as it has a tendency to freeze up randomly.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Jan 9 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

QUOTE(TommyMc @ Jan 9 2007, 05:28 AM) *
I would use Firefox all the time but it can be a PITA as it has a tendency to freeze up randomly.

What version of Firefox are you using? I haven't had any major problems with FF in a really long time. The current version is 1.5.something so if you haven't upgraded lately you probably should.

+Quote Post
TommyMc
post Jan 11 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Assistant Brewer

I'm using Firefox V 2.0.0.1 I think it's a memory thing as it seems to happen when pages are loading. I've gotta upgrade my computer, but with 2 kids in college all my spare change is going to tuition. The last 2 computers I bought were laptops for guess who.......

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Jan 19 2007, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

After researching this problem on the software author's forums, I see that many other people are having the same problem. It's mostly (but not entirely) AOL users, and may be related to your ISP proxies. Some admins have had success with some setting changes, while others haven't, so it is still an open issue with the author. I have made these setting changes here, so please let me know if that improves your AOL browser experience.

+Quote Post
TommyMc
post Jan 20 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #6

Assistant Brewer

Yes! I can now post from AOL, thanks. The display is still funky as mentioned in my other bug report, but that's a minor nuisance.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th February 2018 - 08:03 PM