IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to Report Bugs

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Logged Out - FIXED, Anyone else having any issues?
BJ1833
post Jan 9 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,330

I've noticed since the Greenboard resurrection I keep getting logged out automatically. I used to stay logged in for days at a time (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/devil.gif) , but now I'm getting booted out every hour or so (pretty much everytime I check the board). Am I alone here? It could be a Firefox thing as I recently upgraded, but I can't remember exactly when I did the update. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sorry.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Glacies_*
post Jan 9 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Guests

I am

+Quote Post
PopCultureRefere...
post Jan 9 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,852

me too.

+Quote Post
jdavis
post Jan 9 2007, 03:05 PM
Post #4

Brewer

Member No.: 5,153

Yup, ditto.

+Quote Post
BlackBeerd
post Jan 9 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #5

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 1,857

I was getting booted out until I logged in and created a new link in my favorites folder.

Now i'm in here for good.....BWHAHAHAHAHA (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/devil.gif)

+Quote Post
psolio
post Jan 9 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Brewer

Member No.: 2,594

I'm betting that Keith enabled the feature that forces a logout after a certain idle limit. He may also have set the option to allow only one login for cookie session, if so, then if you stayed logged in at home and then login at work, you'll have to log back in once at home again.

+Quote Post
JoePolvino
post Jan 9 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #7

Brewmaster

Member No.: 2,481

QUOTE(psolio @ Jan 9 2007, 03:41 PM) *
I'm betting that Keith enabled the feature that forces a logout after a certain idle limit. He may also have set the option to allow only one login for cookie session, if so, then if you stayed logged in at home and then login at work, you'll have to log back in once at home again.

Cookie session. I've had one too many of those, from Girl Scout Cookies people bring in to work. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
dirt_mcgirt
post Jan 9 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Brewmaster

Member No.: 4,194

It was doing that to me last night wicked bad. I reset my computer and now it keeps me logged in.

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Jan 9 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #9

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

QUOTE(psolio @ Jan 9 2007, 03:41 PM) *
He may also have set the option to allow only one login for cookie session, if so, then if you stayed logged in at home and then login at work, you'll have to log back in once at home again.

I haven't set any idle timeouts, but I did implement this "one computer at a time" setting.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Jan 9 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #10

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,655

I was just going to report the same thing. If I log in at work, shut down, then go home and try to access from home, I have to log in again. I'm still doing one computer at a time, but any time I log in on a different computer, cookies on all other computer seem to be cancelled. Before I could switch back and forth from home to school (or even to a friend's computer) and there was no trouble at all -- I'd be automatically logged in whenever I reconnected. A minor inconvenience.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Jan 9 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #11

Brewmaster

Member No.: 937

QUOTE(kroyster @ Jan 9 2007, 04:48 PM) *
I haven't set any idle timeouts, but I did implement this "one computer at a time" setting.

That's probably what's causing it. I can stay logged in all day at work but as soon as I go home I have to log back in and vice versa. It's not really a problem because FF remembers my password.

+Quote Post
Japhmi
post Jan 10 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #12

Brewmaster

Member No.: 999

I was seeing the same thing on the same computer, where it would log me out if it was taking a while to access a page (I got a couple of IPS Driver errors yesterday, and I always had to log in after that).

However, the internet overall was slow here at work when I was having those issues, and they may have been switching around external IP addresses / been an issue at our proxy server.

+Quote Post
noofus
post Jan 11 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #13

Brewer

Member No.: 4,328

QUOTE(kroyster @ Jan 9 2007, 05:48 PM) *

I use about 7 different computers to access the brewboard...almost never the same one twice in a row. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Jan 11 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #14

Brewmaster

Member No.: 937

Keith, I think there is a timeout. I just went to lunch and had to log back in when I got back to my desk.

+Quote Post
TommyMc
post Jan 11 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #15

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 744

I'm only using one friggin computer and got the same problem. It happens using either browser AOL or Firefox. Firefox remembers my password, but I still have to log in. Getting to be a real PITA.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th February 2018 - 07:59 PM