IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to Report Bugs

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Logged Out - FIXED, Anyone else having any issues?
80Schilling
post Jan 20 2007, 05:27 AM
Post #16

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

If you enabled this feature then there must be some problem that it solves. Can I ask what that problem is/was?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Jan 20 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #17

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

QUOTE(DrDale @ Jan 20 2007, 05:27 AM) *
If you enabled this feature then there must be some problem that it solves. Can I ask what that problem is/was?

These were new features from the upgrade. They are security features intended to making it harder for somebody to hijack your session. After discussing it with the mods, and given that this not an online banking site, I have relaxed those restrictions.

+Quote Post
Dude
post Jan 21 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #18

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,348

Maybe those restrictions need to be "relaxed" a little bit more.

This logging in every time bit is really getting old.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Jan 21 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #19

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,655

I agree. I've never had a reason to be logged in to BrewBoard from several different computers at the same time, but I do access from three (or occasionally four) different computers. It would be nice not to have to log in every time, like it used to be.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Jan 21 2007, 06:39 PM
Post #20

Brewmaster

Member No.: 937

Are you still having problems logging in (and staying logged in)? Keith did relax the rules and now I can log in on multiple computers (just like I used to) and stay logged in (just like I used to).

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Jan 21 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #21

Brewmaster

Right - the multiple computer restriction has been lifted. The timeout restriction has been increased from 1hr to 1 day. I tried to disable the timeout, but it caused other problems.

+Quote Post
Big K
post Jan 21 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #22

Brewer

Member No.: 7,891

QUOTE(kroyster @ Jan 21 2007, 07:55 PM) *
Right - the multiple computer restriction has been lifted. The timeout restriction has been increased from 1hr to 1 day. I tried to disable the timeout, but it caused other problems.

Thank you Sir! All should now be well in my computer world. Hopefully yours too! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
Dude
post Jan 22 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #23

Brewmaster

QUOTE(kroyster @ Jan 21 2007, 07:55 PM) *

What kind of problems?

That 1 day thing is still a royal PITA. I'm still logging in every single day.

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Jan 22 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #24

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Dude @ Jan 22 2007, 11:35 AM) *
What kind of problems?
Some people couldn't stay logged in at all.

QUOTE(Dude @ Jan 22 2007, 11:35 AM) *
That 1 day thing is still a royal PITA. I'm still logging in every single day.
Oh!! The humanity!! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm having difficulty understanding how taking a few seconds once each day enter an ID and password is an excessive burden. I've told my browser to remember my credentials for me, so it's usually just two mouse clicks and I'm in.

+Quote Post
Dude
post Jan 22 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #25

Brewmaster

QUOTE(kroyster @ Jan 22 2007, 01:02 PM) *
Oh!! The humanity!! (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crazy.gif)

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm having difficulty understanding how taking a few seconds once each day enter an ID and password is an excessive burden. I've told my browser to remember my credentials for me, so it's usually just two mouse clicks and I'm in.

It is the principle. I belong to about 10 forums that I lurk/post to regularly. None of those forums have the problems this one does.

Some of us don't have the luxury of being able to change browser settings. Just sayin'.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Jan 22 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #26

Brewmaster

Keith, yes you're right, it's not a big deal. But like Dude mentioned, this is the only forum that doesn't "remember" me when I move from school to home and back. And it used to. Maybe if it had always been like that, we wouldn't be missing what we no longer have.

In addition, it appears that the multiple computer thing is still going on, at least for me. Yesterday I left school -- closed by browser and put the computer to sleep just before I left. When I got home, I was logged out -- so I logged back in. This morning I was still logged in (even though the computer had been sleeping). When I got to school, I was logged out again.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal -- but it wasn't like that before and it's not like that on any other forum that I frequent.

+Quote Post
Dude
post Jan 23 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #27

Brewmaster

QUOTE(just-cj @ Jan 22 2007, 06:12 PM) *
Keith, yes you're right, it's not a big deal. But like Dude mentioned, this is the only forum that doesn't "remember" me when I move from school to home and back. And it used to. Maybe if it had always been like that, we wouldn't be missing what we no longer have.

In addition, it appears that the multiple computer thing is still going on, at least for me. Yesterday I left school -- closed by browser and put the computer to sleep just before I left. When I got home, I was logged out -- so I logged back in. This morning I was still logged in (even though the computer had been sleeping). When I got to school, I was logged out again.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal -- but it wasn't like that before and it's not like that on any other forum that I frequent.

It isn't only you cj. That is why it is a royal PITA for me lately. I switch from 3-5 different computers everyday. This logon everytime stuff is getting old, especially when I'm not an admin on half of those computers.

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Jan 23 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #28

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Dude @ Jan 23 2007, 12:06 AM) *
It isn't only you cj. That is why it is a royal PITA for me lately. I switch from 3-5 different computers everyday. This logon everytime stuff is getting old, especially when I'm not an admin on half of those computers.

Multiple computers and multiple browsers should not be an issue anymore. I believe I have removed those restrictions, and I just logged in from a different computer and a different browser on my current computer without logging myself out of my inition session. If this is not your experience, let me know and I will investigate further.

The only restriction still in place is an inactivity timeout, but it has been increased to 24hrs. So you should only be experiencing forced logout once per day at most, after 24hrs of inactivity.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Jan 23 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #29

Brewmaster

Keith -- Yesterday I left my office at around 4:30. Quit the browser and put the computer to sleep right before I left. I got home at around 6:45, and I had to log in on my home computer. I'll try some things today when I get to school to see if there's something else going on (like a cached page being loaded), but so far it still isn't working like it used to.

+Quote Post
dirt_mcgirt
post Jan 23 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #30

Brewmaster

Member No.: 4,194

QUOTE(kroyster @ Jan 22 2007, 01:02 PM) *
I've told my browser to remember my credentials for me, so it's usually just two mouse clicks and I'm in.

I can't do that with my work computer so I have to type my username/password to log in every morning, it makes me sad (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/crybaby.gif)

This post has been edited by sirbrewzalot: Jan 23 2007, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2018 - 07:25 AM