IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to Report Bugs

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Not getting email notifications - FIXED, from my subscriptions..
al_bob
post Feb 2 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #16

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,588

Hooray,

I got a notification for this thread this morning.

The only thing I did different was to switch back over to my Mac.

Could different IP addresses cause the problem? I would still expect the mail to get to my mail server...hmmmm

Anyway, life is better. I have my Mac, Beer tools Pro (and my recipes), and the BrewBoard.

BTW, I always got notification of any thread replied to and checked the box for email. That's the whole reason I was frustrated.

Some days I may sit in front of the computer and reply to a number of different threads. I enjoyed getting instant notice. That way I can keep replying, if others are doing the same, at the same time.

The brew board moves to fast to try and keep up with every thread you replied to, much less whether or not there was any response to your reply.

I'll post some today, and see if being back on my Mac is the fix...seems like I still should have gotten notice to my mail server.

Thanks for the help guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kroyster
post Feb 2 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #17

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 201

What OS, IP, or browser you use should not matter. That's a strange one. Any chance you were using a different email client on the PC and a spam filter was eating them?

+Quote Post
al_bob
post Feb 2 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #18

Brewmaster

QUOTE(kroyster @ Feb 2 2007, 11:12 AM) *
What OS, IP, or browser you use should not matter. That's a strange one. Any chance you were using a different email client on the PC and a spam filter was eating them?

Good, got this one, too.

It is weird. I use Road Runner cable service, Mac OS 10.3.9, and Safari. I kept checking the server's mail box online, and should have seen anything spam caught there. That was my first thought. Spam filter on the PC. I'm not as savvy on the PC. But, I did make sure I set the mail up with a friend who gave me the PC. I made sure to set it up to leave a copy of all mail on the server.

I don't know....It seems to be working. At least for this thread. I've replied to a couple of other threads this morning and will have to go back ad see if any of those are missing me.

+Quote Post
al_bob
post Feb 2 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #19

Brewmaster

Okay, I'm getting instant email notification from the other boards now, too.

Things seem to be back to normal.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th February 2018 - 08:07 PM