IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How to Report Bugs

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did the Edit button disappear?, I can no longer edit my previously posted comments
mikegrau
post May 9 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,461

Topic title says it all. Am I missing something here? I was able to edit a post a few days ago, but now the button isn't there anymore.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 9 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

Nope, it's still there. I just tried it with a test account. The button might go away after the editing period expires.

+Quote Post
mikegrau
post May 9 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #3

Brewer

Member No.: 5,461

Odd, it appears on some of my posts, but not others, particularly one in the Category 23 thread where I quoted a response above. Oh well, not that important. Sorry for the bother.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 9 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #4

Brewmaster

QUOTE(mikegrau @ May 9 2007, 04:57 PM) *
Odd, it appears on some of my posts, but not others, particularly one in the Category 23 thread where I quoted a response above. Oh well, not that important. Sorry for the bother.

Then what I said is probably the case. It disappears when you can no longer edit a post.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post May 9 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #5

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,655

Yeah, I remember kroyster put it on a timer to prevent people from "flame baiting" and then going back and changing their posts so they could innocently say, Who? Me? I'm not sure how long it's set for, but only a few hours at most. After that, you're out of luck (unless it's a huge mistake, then you'll have to bribe a moderator to go in and correct it for you (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif) ).

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 9 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Brewmaster

QUOTE(just-cj @ May 9 2007, 05:33 PM) *
Yeah, I remember kroyster put it on a timer to prevent people from "flame baiting" and then going back and changing their posts so they could innocently say, Who? Me? I'm not sure how long it's set for, but only a few hours at most.

I think it's 30 minutes or somewhere thereabouts.

QUOTE(just-cj @ May 9 2007, 05:33 PM) *
After that, you're out of luck (unless it's a huge mistake, then you'll have to bribe a moderator to go in and correct it for you (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/wink.gif) ).

Not as heinous as it sounds. You just set up a Paypal account to deposit a preset amount of money into my account every time you click the "Report" button.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 10:34 PM