Total Votes: 2
Guests cannot vote 
RsvlBrwr
post Sep 25 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,631

The Auburn Alehouse was recently opened in Old Town Auburn, Ca. at 289 Washington Street. For those familiar with the area, it has taken over the same space as the old Shanghai Restaurant using the same old brick, etc. Very well done!

Atmosphere
The atmosphere combines a lot of the old feel of old Auburn with the brick, etc., but has been given an updated, modern feeling. It has a nice long bar and an excellent outdoor courtyard, along with booths and tables inside.

Service
The service has been excellent 4 of the 5 times I have been there with cheerful and attentive servers who had a decent but not great understanding of the beers. The one time the service was not excellent, it was ok just not as quick as normal (on a slow afternoon).

Beer Selection
The beer selection is currently limited to their own house brews but the quality is outstanding. They can occasionally out of some styles (Miner's Wheat and Export lager on one visit) as they are having a slight problem keeping up with demand. The IPA is an excellent example of a west coast IPA with lots of aroma from dry hopping and a great hop flavor friom Chinook, Simcoe and Magnum hops. My other favorites are the Old Town Brown, Gold Country Pilsner and the Miner's Wheat. Seasonals are also brewed such as teh Oktoberfest currently.

Food
The food is also quite good and not your normal pub food. They have clearly put a lot of effort into the menu choices and quality of their food. I've enjoyed the Shanghai Chicken Salad, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Fish Tacos and Alehouse BBQ Platter. Friends have also recommended the American Kobe Burger, and Prawn Linguini.

Summary
If you're looking for place to have great beer as well as some excellent food, in a fun atmosphere, the Auburn Alehouse is well worth a visit. For those on the way to or from Lake Tahoe, it is right off the I-80 freeway in Auburn.

This post has been edited by MtnBrewer: Sep 25 2007, 09:11 PM
Reason for edit: Poll added
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 09:42 AM