MtnBrewer
post Mar 17 2008, 05:02 PM
Post #16

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Mar 17 2008, 03:57 PM) *
MODS!!!!!

The report button works sooooo much better than yelling. Anyway, thanks....I'll move it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_stain
post Mar 17 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #17

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,731

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ Mar 17 2008, 06:02 PM) *
The report button works sooooo much better than yelling. Anyway, thanks....I'll move it.

I didn't think this was a beer post. I thought it was a "I'm going to discuss my illegal activities in the PH" post.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Mar 17 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #18

Brewmaster

QUOTE(the_stain @ Mar 17 2008, 04:03 PM) *
I didn't think this was a beer post. I thought it was a "I'm going to discuss my illegal activities in the PH" post.

I'm sure it's another lame attempt to push the mods' buttons. *yawn* But it's about brewing so he can get the attention he craves here in the Beer forum rather than in the PH.

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Mar 17 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #19

Brewmaster

Member No.: 1,251

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ Mar 17 2008, 06:02 PM) *

If I wanted to report it, knowing my history don't you think I would've reported it? I hate to say it, but I agree with Todd on this new rule (I'll shower after I post this). How many threads have been started in the beer forum about brewing pot and not been deleted?

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Mar 17 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #20

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Mar 17 2008, 04:21 PM) *
If I wanted to report it, knowing my history don't you think I would've reported it? I hate to say it, but I agree with Todd on this new rule (I'll shower after I post this). How many threads have been started in the beer forum about brewing pot and not been deleted?

Zero since we added the new rule. But anyway, that's not really the intent. We just want to do two things: limit exposure and prevent people from getting in trouble at work. I have a hard time understanding why those goals are not reasonable.

+Quote Post
Brian72
post Mar 17 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #21

Brewmaster

Member No.: 8,948

QUOTE(DuncanDad @ Mar 17 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Can a Mr. Beer setup take that kind of abuse?

(IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/rolf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/rolf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/rolf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/rolf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/rolf.gif)

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Mar 17 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #22

Brewmaster

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ Mar 17 2008, 06:26 PM) *
Zero since we added the new rule. But anyway, that's not really the intent. We just want to do two things: limit exposure and prevent people from getting in trouble at work. I have a hard time understanding why those goals are not reasonable.

10. Please be discreet with any discussion of current illegal activity. We do not wish to incur any liability, nor do we wish to make any member uncomfortable with discussion or images of your latest bag, ongoing tax evasion, home distilling, etc.

But in the very thread that this rule is contained, you say those who discuss HBing in Alabama are ok. It's still illegal, much like the home distilling.

And as far as the liability I highly doubt that. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act would protect the site if I'm interpretting it correctly.

This post has been edited by Chauvan: Mar 17 2008, 05:42 PM

+Quote Post
BlackBeerd
post Mar 17 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #23

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 1,857

QUOTE(DuncanDad @ Mar 17 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Can a Mr. Beer setup take that kind of abuse?

Todd's hombrew supply store. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif)
(IMG:http://www.grapegrainandbean.com/assets/mr_beer_refill_brew_pack.jpg)

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Mar 17 2008, 05:44 PM
Post #24

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Mar 17 2008, 04:35 PM) *
But in the very thread that this rule is contained, you say those who discuss HBing in Alabama are ok. It's still illegal, much like the home distilling.

And as far as the liability I highly doubt that. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act would protect the site if I'm interpretting it correctly.

Feel free to suggest alternate wording rather that just gripe about it.

I'm really amazed that you don't think the rule goes far enough. Are you actually suggesting that we should ban discussion of homebrewing in Alabama?

Also, since this thread no longer belongs in the Beer Forum, I'm merging it with the discussion in System News.

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Mar 17 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #25

Brewmaster

No, I'm suggesting that it goes too far. Much like Sidney was stating:

QUOTE(sidney porter @ Mar 6 2008, 11:28 AM) *
how far are we taking this it is pretty common for someone to brag about being over the 100 or 200 gallon homebrew mark. Or what about posters that are in states where homebrewing is illegal (even if not enforced) for example alabama, utah, and Mississippi.

As for alternate wording, how about "Pictures of your illegal activities will be removed." Instead of frank discussion on the subject being blanketed out. If a member chose to go clean from their drug use, are you going delete their thread because they discussed illegal activities? Of course not. But the way the rule is written, you have to delete those threads as well Alabama homebrewing threads.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Mar 17 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #26

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Mar 17 2008, 04:56 PM) *
No, I'm suggesting that it goes too far. Much like Sidney was stating:
As for alternate wording, how about "Pictures of your illegal activities will be removed." Instead of frank discussion on the subject being blanketed out. If a member chose to go clean from their drug use, are you going delete their thread because they discussed illegal activities? Of course not. But the way the rule is written, you have to delete those threads as well Alabama homebrewing threads.

No we don't. We didn't delete Invy's thread that discussed quitting (although we did talk about it). Your wording doesn't work because it would still allow discussion of illegal activities.

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Mar 17 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #27

Brewmaster

Again, are you going to start deleting the Alabma HBers threads then or people who brew 208 gallons? Obviously you're not, so the wording of the policy is also bad. At the very least it's going to make it look like the mod team is picking favorites.

1. Moderators will generally not censor content, but we reserve the right to censor style. In other words, we care less about what you say than how you say it. You may criticize, complain, disagree, etc. - but keep it civil and respectful.

You may want to change the mod code of conduct while you're at it, because clearly you as a team are very much caring about what is being said.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Mar 17 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #28

Brewmaster

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Mar 17 2008, 05:10 PM) *
Again, are you going to start deleting the Alabma HBers threads then or people who brew 208 gallons? Obviously you're not, so the wording of the policy is also bad. At the very least it's going to make it look like the mod team is picking favorites.

Still waiting for an acceptable revision.

QUOTE(Chauvan @ Mar 17 2008, 05:10 PM) *
You may want to change the mod code of conduct while you're at it, because clearly you as a team are very much caring about what is being said.

This is not entirely correct. The rule asks the user to be discreet, which is all about how you say something.

Look, it's a very simple rule to follow. It's not onerous. If you want to get upset at somebody, get upset at those that caused the rule to be written.

+Quote Post
Chauvan
post Mar 17 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #29

Brewmaster

I'm done. As has been stated time and again, it's not the members board, it's AltBevs. And the mods will interpret the rules as they see fit.

+Quote Post
just-cj
post Mar 17 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #30

Brewmaster

Member No.: 5,655

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Yawn.

Everyone, there's a new policy -- deal with it. If you can't deal with it, or if it causes intense moral outrage, there are many other boards on the web where you can discuss what you want, how you want, when you want. AltBev, Jess and the moderators identified a problem and took action. Again, if you don't like it, you have other places you can go.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th August 2018 - 11:52 PM