IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Support Rules - Please Read

This forum is a place for posting general questions, comments, and feedback about HBA / Alt Bev for Jess (the owner) to read and respond to. This is not a place to initiate urgent or order-specific questions. Before posting here, ask yourself if the general public will benefit from the question and answer. If not, you should probably call or email Jess directly. If you have a complaint, Jess would also appreciate the courtesy of a private first contact so that he has the opportunity to correct the problem to your satisfaction.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AB AG Sweet Oatmeal Porter Kit, Mashing instructions?
ncbeerbrewer
post Mar 18 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,954

I just recieved my All Grain Swt Oatmeal Porter Kit today and it looks fabulous. The grains look wonderful. My Yeast W1084 arrived cold and wow I have never seen fresher dated yeast. The pack says MFG date 3/11/08. Never seen yeast so fresh before in all the years of brewing I have done. Ok here is my question. On the ingredient sheet under the table for brewing notes it says "Follow Basic Mashing Instructions Included" Now I have all the equipment to brew AG this is only my second batch but I have what I need. My question is this: Am I missing something or do I need to come up with my own mashing schedule IE strike temp, sparge volume and boil volume. I only ask this so that I can properly make this kit. I guess though my question can be answered by anyone that has bought an All Grain Kit from AB/HBA. I don't have any brewing software just yet and have used an online tool to calculate 152 degree strike, 1.25qt/lb=mash volume 3.2 gallons and sparge w/ 4.25 gallons boil volume 7.5g final volume 5 gals. This puts me in the range for the OG and FG listed on the kit. I am just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything. Looks great though thanks AB I will be ordering again from you too.

Mike

This post has been edited by ncbeerbrewer: Mar 18 2008, 05:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ncbeerbrewer
post Mar 21 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,954

QUOTE(ncbeerbrewer @ Mar 18 2008, 05:12 PM) *
I just recieved my All Grain Swt Oatmeal Porter Kit today and it looks fabulous. The grains look wonderful. My Yeast W1084 arrived cold and wow I have never seen fresher dated yeast. The pack says MFG date 3/11/08. Never seen yeast so fresh before in all the years of brewing I have done. Ok here is my question. On the ingredient sheet under the table for brewing notes it says "Follow Basic Mashing Instructions Included" Now I have all the equipment to brew AG this is only my second batch but I have what I need. My question is this: Am I missing something or do I need to come up with my own mashing schedule IE strike temp, sparge volume and boil volume. I only ask this so that I can properly make this kit. I guess though my question can be answered by anyone that has bought an All Grain Kit from AB/HBA. I don't have any brewing software just yet and have used an online tool to calculate 152 degree strike, 1.25qt/lb=mash volume 3.2 gallons and sparge w/ 4.25 gallons boil volume 7.5g final volume 5 gals. This puts me in the range for the OG and FG listed on the kit. I am just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything. Looks great though thanks AB I will be ordering again from you too.

Mike

Well no need to really answer this question. I made this beer last night and it has turned out wonderful. It is fermenting away as we speak. Thanks for taking a look at my question.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2018 - 07:17 PM