IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules PLEASE READ Before Submitting Recipes for Review

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Want to clone Holsten Festbock, Any suggestions?
earthtone
post May 17 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Brewmaster

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,118

Hey, this thread is pretty self-explanatory. I really love the Holsten Festbock tall cans you can get at the local LC and would love to try to clone it. Anyone got any recipes that are close or any suggestions on what to try??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post May 18 2008, 04:56 PM
Post #2

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

Surprisingly, Holsten Festbock is neither a bock nor a festbier. It's actually an altbier....go figure. So I'd look around for alt (and sticke) recipes. You'll want a grain bill heavy in Munich malt and mashed in the high 140's. You'll probably want it fairly bitter but with little or no aroma hops. Use noble hops if you can find them or alternatively something clean like Magnum or Hallertauer Tradition. If you can't find German hops, some of the German clones ought to work: Mt. Hood, Crystal, Liberty, Santiam. Ferment with 1007 in the low 60's and then lager it at 35 for a month or two. Sorry that I can't offer more than generic guidelines but I've never actually tried the beer. Just basing this off of what I've read on the web.

+Quote Post
comswim
post Feb 16 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #3

Group: New Member
Member No.: 16,520

I too would love to find a good recipe for this. Its not really a Festbock. But I am having trouble pinning a good Clone down to try. (First post BTW on here.)

QUOTE(earthtone @ May 18 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Hey, this thread is pretty self-explanatory. I really love the Holsten Festbock tall cans you can get at the local LC and would love to try to clone it. Anyone got any recipes that are close or any suggestions on what to try??

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 10:53 AM