Reply to this topicStart new topic
> group winter brew planning thread, Now Fall Group Brew
roscoe
post Oct 13 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #76

Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,495

I'm in also...but I'm going to have to do it late on the 19th. I'm heading out into the woods for a short backpack with a friend this weekend and will out Saturday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Oct 13 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #77

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

QUOTE(roscoe @ Oct 13 2008, 07:02 AM) *
I'm in also...but I'm going to have to do it late on the 19th. I'm heading out into the woods for a short backpack with a friend this weekend and will out Saturday.

That's not a problem. I'm all set for a Saturday liftoff. Pretty fired up about it. Any last minute questions, concerns, issues or whatever?

+Quote Post
strangebrewer
post Oct 16 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #78

Brewmaster

Member No.: 3,037

QUOTE(MtnBrewer @ Oct 13 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Any last minute questions, concerns, issues or whatever?

Yea can I borrow a carboy? All 22 of mine are full of wine. I think I have a problem. I'll be heading to the LHBS to buy a bucket to primary this one. That will buy me at least a weeks time to figure out what to do about a secondary vessel.

So Psolio you're using Tahitian beans? If you'd be willing to trade a bottle down the line I'll use Madagascar beans to see if the difference in beans really makes a difference.

+Quote Post
psolio
post Oct 16 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #79

Brewer

Member No.: 2,594

QUOTE(strangebrewer @ Oct 16 2008, 10:43 AM) *
So Psolio you're using Tahitian beans? If you'd be willing to trade a bottle down the line I'll use Madagascar beans to see if the difference in beans really makes a difference.

That sounds good to me (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/winechug.gif)

I will probably be a few days late starting this, since I work weekend evenings now. My new weekends are Tuesday/Wednesday, but I might be able to start in the day before heading to work. We shall see - I still need to purchase the honey.

+Quote Post
MtnBrewer
post Oct 16 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #80

Brewmaster

Group: banned
Member No.: 937

QUOTE(strangebrewer @ Oct 16 2008, 10:43 AM) *
Yea can I borrow a carboy? All 22 of mine are full of wine. I think I have a problem. I'll be heading to the LHBS to buy a bucket to primary this one. That will buy me at least a weeks time to figure out what to do about a secondary vessel.

I can let you borrow a carboy if you need. Of course if you only have 22, then you probably need an extra one anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif)

+Quote Post
hountzmj
post Oct 16 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #81

Assistant Brewer

Member No.: 4,675

I'll probably get in on this but it will be a few weeks. I'm out of town and then we have house guests for the next few weekends. Probably Nov 8th.

I also need to pick up some honey.

--hountzmj

+Quote Post
mikearge
post Oct 17 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #82

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 13,122

Even though my very first mead is only a week old and still fermenting . . . I'm in too. Must have gotted bitten by the brewing bug. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/devil.gif) Just made a list of things to pick up at my LHBS this evening. I think I can get everything I need there (and a few other new "toys" I've had my eye on) except for the vanilla beans. But I think I have some time to track those down in the next few weeks. Would a gourmet store have them? I have a few in the area.

As for the honey listed in the recipe, I'll have to make due with clover and wildflower honey I can get through a local farmer who sells through the LHBS. Still good stuff though!

I can smell the honey already. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/hehe.gif)

+Quote Post
LaniLouise
post Oct 18 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #83

Stewart

Group: New Member
Member No.: 12,913

I'm anxious to have something "in the primary" again, and to follow along with others who are making this one. I, too, will use clover honey because it's what's in the cupboard. Will probably start tomorrow, Sunday 19th. Better go check the recipe again. Thanks again for the link to Open Office Psolio.

+Quote Post
mike911
post May 15 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #84

Brewer

Member No.: 5,291

Some of this thread must have been scratched, but do I get the booby prize for the longest aging on this mead? I just bottled this last weekend and I do like this one. If I do have any suggestions, it would be USE MORE CINNAMON!! The cinnamon flavor really has faded away, so that it is barely noticeable. The vanilla seems to be holding its own the way that vanilla does, in the background, but the spiciness that I hoped for really isn't there. It's smooth and a little sweet, finished at 1.008, no harshness or heat, but a nice warmth on the back end. The appearance is a brilliant light golden, the color of a pilsner with no carbonation. The vanilla comes through in the nose, and there's a slight bit of "other" but the cinnamon is not really showing out. I wasn't exactly sure what I was expecting, but overall very nice. If the recipe comes back up, I would double the amount of cinnamon in this one, but keep the vanilla the same. Anyone else have some reports back on theirs, or is it all long gone and forgotten?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2018 - 03:06 PM