> Memory Lapse Pale Ale..., ... A very versatile recipe
brispriggs
post Apr 6 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #241

Assistant Brewer

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,224

QUOTE(ericburnley @ Apr 6 2010, 01:16 PM) *
I'm planning to brew this recipe this weekend, subbing some fresh Willamette hops for the Mt. Hood.
I'll have to pick up some US-05, but I was thinking about doing a 10g batch and fermenting half with Nottingham.
Anyone tried using Nottingham on this recipe yet?

Nottingham is a great all-around yeast imo and my goto yeast for beers when I want something close to a lager but don't have the time to spend. Did a 10 gallon batch of a Vienna style and did half with a lager yeast at 52 and half with Nott at 60. Would need some of these experts to tell them apart. Super clean at lower temps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kingfish2004
post Jan 16 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #242

Group: New Member
Member No.: 6,977

Hello all!!

I will be brewing this Sunday as an extract version replacing the Pale Malt with 5 lbs Golden Light DME.
I will let you know how this turns out! Looking forward to this!

+Quote Post
Geno
post Feb 18 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #243

Member No.: 13,593

Great beer! Brewed this for the first time a few months back. Once kegged it lasted two weeks. Became the wife's favorite homebrew. I decided to do a ten gallon batch for her. Original thought was to keg five and bottle the other five. I ended up taking a different approach. A fellow brewery suggested fermenting 1/2 the batch with WLP-001 and the other with WLP-051. Nice idea I thought! So I did. Both beers came out great and totally different. The 001 went crazy and finished in two days. The 051 took a week and just putz'd to the finished. The 001 was crystal clear @ kegging. The 051 was way cloudy @ kegging. Two weeks in the kegs and happy to report both pour crisp, clean and clear.
The 001 finished dryer than the 051. Both are good but I prefer the 001 over the 051. Both have great color, mild easy drinkers and have a very well balanced taste. I get a smile everytime the wife tells me to grab a growler, hit the brewery and hurry back.
BTW, I brewed all grain. Nice job Mr. Lenard on the recipe.

+Quote Post
Ell
post Mar 1 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #244

Member No.: 16,434

I did a dumb thing (maybe). I'm making this as an extract recipe, and I bought the LME (7 lbs), and the 1 lb Crystal 60L and the hops... but then I bought Torrified Wheat. I have no idea what made me think "Yeah, same stuff" and keep on trucking, but I have. Thoughts? Can I mini-mash it (never tried it)? Can I just steep it?

The LHBS is an hour away, and I really don't have time to travel and brew this weekend... thoughts?

+Quote Post
Bjorn74
post Mar 2 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #245

Brewer

Member No.: 13,377

QUOTE(Ell @ Mar 1 2011, 06:23 PM) *
I did a dumb thing (maybe). I'm making this as an extract recipe, and I bought the LME (7 lbs), and the 1 lb Crystal 60L and the hops... but then I bought Torrified Wheat. I have no idea what made me think "Yeah, same stuff" and keep on trucking, but I have. Thoughts? Can I mini-mash it (never tried it)? Can I just steep it?

The LHBS is an hour away, and I really don't have time to travel and brew this weekend... thoughts?

Since the wheat isn't in there for the gravity contribution as much as the head stability (per Ken earlier in the thread), the Torrified Wheat should be fine just steeping. If you want to mash it, you can get some amylase enzyme powder online and mash it with the Crystal in less water (2.5-3 qt, I'd think) at 152F for 45 to 60 minutes.

+Quote Post
Ell
post Apr 19 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #246

Member No.: 16,434

OK, so this was my first kegged beer, and it was a hit.

Very very tasty, although not very "hop forward". It was almost more amber-y (it's a word) than pale. I'm not complaining at all, it was very very tasty and killed over a Friday/Saturday party. Good times.

+Quote Post
kenlenard
post Jun 13 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #247

Brewmaster

Member No.: 892

Good to see this beer making people happy. I have a keg on tap right now that is dynamite. Cheers Beerheads!

+Quote Post
ThePurpleDino
post Jul 6 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #248

Brewmaster

Member No.: 6,864

QUOTE(kenlenard @ Jun 13 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Good to see this beer making people happy. I have a keg on tap right now that is dynamite. Cheers Beerheads!

my first post in AGES.. wonder what happened here... Anyway...

Ken.. Brewed my first batch in almost a year and a half this past weekend.. And of course.. it was your recipe... One of my favorite beers of all time (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
kenlenard
post Jul 7 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #249

Brewmaster

Member No.: 892

QUOTE(ThePurpleDino @ Jul 6 2011, 01:24 PM) *
my first post in AGES.. wonder what happened here... Anyway...

Ken.. Brewed my first batch in almost a year and a half this past weekend.. And of course.. it was your recipe... One of my favorite beers of all time (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/smile.gif)

Whoo! Cheers to you and good luck with the beer. I hope it comes out great. (IMG:style_emoticons/brewboard/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 04:53 PM